Bracket Busting

Which would you rather?

• Traditional Bracket - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Traditional Bracket - for bragging rights only

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for bragging rights only

• Both - for $5 Each submission, 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest for each style

• Both - for bragging rights only

• Total voters

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Kennesaw State was the king of playing not to lose with leads this season and it finally got them in the NCAA Tournament. #1 reason I didn’t want Abdur-Rahim.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Good effort. Felt like they got too dependent on Burden dribbling the air out of the ball in 2nd half.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
yep... started the "slow down" and had what 10 possessions in a row without a basket.
Close to half their games this season were 1 possession games. They just waste possession after possession late and let opponents back in the game. Almost lost the ASUN Championship this way.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
KSU scored what... 2 FG in the last 10 min?

Be interested to see how KSU performs next year. They had 4 seniors, 3 of which were starters. Not sure if any have an additional Covid year or something.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
KSU scored what... 2 FG in the last 10 min?

Be interested to see how KSU performs next year. They had 4 seniors, 3 of which were starters. Not sure if any have an additional Covid year or something.

Wow, if I'm that coach, I strike while the irons hot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I thought Abdur Rahim should of called a timeout earlier in Xavier's run to slow their momentum and let KSU regroup. Kind of let them play through and they eventually lost the lead.

Lots of second guessing here...but at the end of the day, KSU played well compared to expectations versus Xavier. They would have been my sentimental team had they moved on.

Of course, Xavier probably makes it all the way to the Final 4 now...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, if I'm that coach, I strike while the irons hot.
Agreed, and that's what many in that situation do.

And that's something a smart, hiring AD should factor into the risk/reward of a candidate i.e., how sustainable are the results?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
KSU got screwed by 2 no calls on their last possession. The guard was definitely fouled in the lane just before the shot. Foul on the rebound as well. Always makes one wonder whether the refs give the benefit of doubt to the name team. KSU definitely went slow down way too early. Duke got away with it last night with a twenty point lead in their game but they have better talent than KSU. Pretty good showing by KSU and had a chance to win.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Abdur Rahim should of called a timeout earlier in Xavier's run to slow their momentum and let KSU regroup. Kind of let them play through and they eventually lost the lead.

Lots of second guessing here...but at the end of the day, KSU played well compared to expectations versus Xavier. They would have been my sentimental team had they moved on.

Of course, Xavier probably makes it all the way to the Final 4 now...
Sean Miller is the coach, so highly unlikely. But it would be kind of hilarious after never breaking through at 'Zona.

P.S. I agree at AAR missed an opportunity to burn another timeout earlier. KSU panicked and did not look well coached in the last 10 min of the game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sean Miller is the coach, so highly unlikely. But it would be kind of hilarious after never breaking through at 'Zona.

P.S. I agree at AAR missed an opportunity to burn another timeout earlier. KSU panicked and did not look well coached in the last 10 min of the game.

Just say it, they basically looked like us.

Cry Reaction GIF by TLC Europe

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Pastner teams relatively had a killer instinct (except that one time in 2021 that Jose pulled back a wide open layup to seal the game @Clemson and missed the ensuing FTs). The Brian Gregory teams I remember would run 25 seconds off the shot clock with a 6 point lead and 4 minutes left and brick a bad/contested shot until opponents had tied it up or taken the lead.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Well I'll give you this. KSU played 10 guys, and that's how we looked down the stretch when our rotation was deeper for the sake of playing guys.

It wasn't until we shortened our rotation to 6, much like Xavier who today only played 7, that we looked stronger down the stretch of games.

Contrary to popular board myths about tired legs and all.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how Pitt was a last 4 in. Underseeded as is the case with non-brand ACC teams. I put them in the S16 but their free throw shooting is going to win them some games this week.