Bowl Projections & Rumors

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, but if Tech fans are afraid of crime Birmingham is the “gold standard.”

Don’t get me wrong, crime in cities is not a boogeyman for me but we have some high strung people on here that mention that as their top concern.
I thought that mostly related to esspool that is NYC.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Birmingham is my "second" hometown and is not any more or less dangerous than any other city its size. Legion Field is not in a great part of town, but it's also easy for the police to watch. If we were to play Auburn there it would be an almost total AU crowd. They support their team. If we play there I can make recommendations.
Birmingham Bowl isn't played at Legion Field anymore. They moved it to Protective Stadium in downtown in 2021 so it's in a much better and central location.

Afaik the only thing that still uses Legion Field is the Magic City Classic.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I thought that mostly related to esspool that is NYC.
I was just trolling people who don’t realize that violent crime In Birmingham is more than twice the rate of NYC and almost three times the rate overall.

Again, I don’t give a rats _ _ _ because it’s about being smart in cities and not making yourself a victim. It’s not the city (one of the greatest in the world) that makes the Pinstripe undesirable, it’s the venue.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I was just trolling people who don’t realize that violent crime In Birmingham is more than twice the rate of NYC and almost three times the rate overall.

Again, I don’t give a rats _ _ _ because it’s about being smart in cities and not making yourself a victim. It’s not the city (one of the greatest in the world) that makes the Pinstripe undesirable, it’s the venue.
Outdoors in the NE in winter is a non-starter for many people including me. I don't care what city it's in, but I'm not real fond of NYC. I'll watch it on TV, but will not be there. I might go to B'ham or Tampa or Charlotte, but that depends on what other circumstances may dictate.

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I was the same way. Probably any city other than NYC or El Paso and I'm there, but no desire to go to NYC. Will be there on business middle of next month anyway. If that is where we end up, excited for the team, but not making that trip. And not afraid of the city as I've probably been there at least two dozen times.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

The pics posted of the venue leave lots to be desired for sure.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Outdoors in the NE in winter is a non-starter for many people including me. I don't care what city it's in, but I'm not real fond of NYC. I'll watch it on TV, but will not be there. I might go to B'ham or Tampa or Charlotte, but that depends on what other circumstances may dictate.
Just talking to my wife today about how much my attitude has changed about cold weather in the last couple of years. We moved to the Georgia coast early this year and my blood has gotten really thin. 😂

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but if Tech fans are afraid of crime Birmingham is the “gold standard.”

Don’t get me wrong, crime in cities is not a boogeyman for me but we have some high strung people on here that mention that as their top concern.
My problem with Bham is the extortion parking if you don’t park in main lots. You basically pay someone to not damage or break in your car. I went to several games at the old Legion field, & this was standard.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
While they would never do it, I would love to see a national championship game at Lambeau Field or Soldier Field.

Football is meant to be played outside. And elements are even better.
Watching the Iowa St - Kansas St game last week was ridiculous fun.
I'm not a fan of all the dome games.
Agreed. Weather is a heritage of the game.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
While they would never do it, I would love to see a national championship game at Lambeau Field or Soldier Field.

Football is meant to be played outside. And elements are even better.
Watching the Iowa St - Kansas St game last week was ridiculous fun.
I'm not a fan of all the dome games.
Green Bay , frozen field ( before they heated it) Bart Starr. That was great!