Bowl Projections & Rumors

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully we’ll get an ACC v SEC draw although a Big 10 draw is nice too. Doubt we’ll get a good location but it sure beats no bowl game.

slugboy

Staff member
Pinstripe Bowl…..yuck. I don’t mind the opponents, but hate the venue.
There’s a selection process https://www.sunbowl.org/the_sun_bowl_game/team_selection_process

Some of this is out of date. The Citrus (Cheez It) bowl seems to be B1G vs SEC, plus Outback isn’t Outback any more, and there’s a Pop Tarts bowl. This should be close enough to figure things out.

ACC SELECTIONS ORDER

College Football Playoff
Orange Bowl
versus SEC

The ACC and its bowl partners will make team selections based on several factors, including geographic proximity, avoiding repeat appearances and matchups, and regular-season won-loss records.

Duke’s Mayo Bowl Game (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Cheez-It Bowl (Orlando, Florida) [formerly Camping World Bowl]
Fenway Bowl (Boston, Massachusetts)
Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (Annapolis, Maryland)
New Era Pinstripe Bowl (New York City)
Outback Bowl (Tampa, Florida) – if the ACC’s opponent in the Capital One Orange Bowl is from the Big Ten
San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (San Diego, California)
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, Florida)

Part of it depends on who lands in the Orange Bowl. The Outback bowl is now the ReliaQuest bowl, and the seedings assume that FSU beats Louisville.

We’re 6-6. At the top, the hope is that FSU wins the ACC Championship game and goes to the CFP. If FSU loses, we either have two B1G teams in the Championship, or it’s Texas (depending on how things play out). Most assumptions are that Louisville gets the Orange Bowl.
We’re 4th by conference record, but FSU, Louisville, Duke, UNC, NCST, Clemson, and Miami have better overall records.
Duke’s Mayo bowl is in Charlotte, and will either pick Clemson or a North Carolina team.

So, we have to fill in some northeastern bowls. Teams will get shuffled to do that.

(this is the last year of the ACC vs P12 tie in at the Sun Bowl. They’ll have to set up a new pairing. Since the P12 is dead, they might keep the ACC and try to find a new partner)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping for the Sun Bowl, too. It would be more fun and a better reward for our coaches and players.

I’m also pretty sure the Sun Bowl folks remember our team’s classy behavior over that of Southern Cal when we last played there.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
ESPN just released updated projections. One writer has us in CLT in the Mayo v/s Kentucky and the other has NY I’m the Pinstripe v/s Rutgers.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Charlotte is my number one choice seeing as Its a 5 min train ride, but I would also take Florida. It’s going to be hard for somebody to explain to me El Paso > New York.

GTflyer0116

Georgia Tech Fan
Charlotte would be great for Tech. We have a large amount of alumni between the RTP area and Charlotte. Personally, I always try to attend at least one of the away games between Wake, UNC, Duke, and NCSU living here in CLT.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
College Football News: Pinstripe Bowl vs. Rutgers

Athlon: Pinstripe Bowl vs. Rutgers

Saturday Blitz: Pinstripe Bowl vs. Rutgers

College Football Network: Military Bowl vs. SMU

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We haven't traveled well in the past to bowls with a few exceptions. They like teams who bring their fans and lots of these games are really close to the holidays which keeps fans home.i would expect the military or pin stripe to be most likely. A Florida bowl would be terrific.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
The options are Charlotte, Pinstripe, or possibly Military from the ACC tie-ins. One of the ACC teams will get the Gasparilla, Birmingham or an at-large spot so that's the other option if they want Syracuse to play in Yankee stadium.