Bowl Projections & Rumors

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Highly unlikely. Clemson-Holiday, Miami-Sun, UNC/ND-Gator/Pop-Tarts is the most likely arrangment.
ND to the ReliaQuest against LSU and Brian Kelly.

UNC to the Gator. NCSU to the Pop Tarts. Agree with Clemson and Miami in your post.

VT to Charlotte.

That leaves GT, Duke, BC, and Syracuse for Annapolis, NY, Boston, and Tampa. I hope it's Syracuse to Fenway, BC to Pinstripe, Duke to Annapolis, and GT to Tampa. I bet it's BC to Fenway, Syracuse to Annapolis, GT to Pinstripe and Duke to Tampa though.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
ND to the ReliaQuest against LSU and Brian Kelly.

UNC to the Gator. NCSU to the Pop Tarts. Agree with Clemson and Miami in your post.

VT to Charlotte.

That leaves GT, Duke, BC, and Syracuse for Annapolis, NY, Boston, and Tampa. I hope it's Syracuse to Fenway, BC to Pinstripe, Duke to Annapolis, and GT to Tampa. I bet it's BC to Fenway, Syracuse to Annapolis, GT to Pinstripe and Duke to Tampa though.
FWIW, not much in my experience, college football news is projecting Tech to be in the Pinstripe Bowl opposite Rutgers.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
If I remember that was, and probably still is, the coldest temperatures in the Orange Bowl history. It was ridiculously cold for southern Florida.

I really thought I was going to get a Darwin Award that night… “young man freezes to death at a football game Miami…”

I will offer, I am warming up to the idea of the Pinstripe Bowl. It’s an afternoon game so it’s within the realm of possibility to fly up there and back within the same day. Early out of ATL and start pregaming in the skylounge. Home by midnight.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Would we get fewer practices and a lower payout if you guys get your wish with Gasparilla?
Technically less practices, but keep in mind that Christmas is in there as well, so it's probably only a 2 or 3 practice difference. I will gladly make that trade-off if it means we can play in a real football stadium with a good showing from GT fans. I have no desire to have such an awesome season end with the fellas playing in a baseball stadium against Rutgers with 10k in attendance.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
ESPN has a say as well in several Bowls. No doubt there has been lots of discussions among the Bowls, the ACC HQ, the ADs and the television networks already this week.

Notice the “fans” are not included in the cast of players. School ADs will do what they think is best for the football program in their interactions. That may or may not be what’s best for most fans.
What do you mean what is "best for most fans" ...if that's not what's best for the program?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I know Birmingham Bowl is lower tier, but a decent SEC opponent there seems interesting to me.
Wouldn’t GT fans probably show up pretty well? Is Auburn there even a possibility? That game could draw a crowd. I’d go.
Yeah, but if Tech fans are afraid of crime Birmingham is the “gold standard.”

Don’t get me wrong, crime in cities is not a boogeyman for me but we have some high strung people on here that mention that as their top concern.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, but if Tech fans are afraid of crime Birmingham is the “gold standard.”

Don’t get me wrong, crime in cities is not a boogeyman for me but we have some high strung people on here that mention that as their top concern.
Birmingham is my "second" hometown and is not any more or less dangerous than any other city its size. Legion Field is not in a great part of town, but it's also easy for the police to watch. If we were to play Auburn there it would be an almost total AU crowd. They support their team. If we play there I can make recommendations.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Birmingham is my "second" hometown and is not any more or less dangerous than any other city its size. Legion Field is not in a great part of town, but it's also easy for the police to watch. If we were to play Auburn there it would be an almost total AU crowd. They support their team. If we play there I can make recommendations.
I was just trolling. Cities don’t scare me. You just have to be smart.