Bowl Projections & Rumors

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
To add my 2 cents in here, I just heard from a longtime season ticket holder who spoke with his contact in the AA and they are under the impression it's down to the Military Bowl or the Pinstripe Bowl. Apparently Tech wants to go to the Gasparilla Bowl but that it's not possible according to the contact in the AA.

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
To add my 2 cents in here, I just heard from a longtime season ticket holder who spoke with his contact in the AA and they are under the impression it's down to the Military Bowl or the Pinstripe Bowl. Apparently Tech wants to go to the Gasparilla Bowl but that it's not possible according to the contact in the AA.
Bummer. Was really hoping for Tampa.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
I won't support either. Both are north and I have zero want to go freeze my arse off. Really hoping you're wrong on Gaspy.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Based on what I’m hearing it will be Pinstripe or Military Bowl. The Pinstripe bowl venue looks like a sorry seating chart to watch a football game. Essentially dropping a rectangle into a diamond which means for fans we would be a distance from the field of play.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
The folks in Lee County (Ft Myers), Collier County (Naples) and Monroe County (Key West) might disagree with you about the composition of South Florida - and nobody hates them.
I'm in North Port, 2 miles from the Braves Spring Training complex at the southern end of Sarasota county. Marco Island up to Sarasota is Southwest Florida, not South Florida. There's this big area called the Everglades separating us. Also I doubt anywhere in the Florida Keys is going to claim South Florida over Florida Keys as their region.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I could be wrong, but I think Duke, Syracuse, and BC (not necessarily in that order) will go to Fenway, Pinstripe, and Military, probably leaving us with Gasparilla. That arrangement makes the most geographic/ratings sense. Or, look at it this way: were they to send us to Pinstripe/Military, that would mean either Duke (coach left, players in portal, and fans don't travel) or Cuse/BC (Cuse coach fired, very far away and fans don't really travel for football) would go Gasparilla. I just don't see that happening, especially because the bowl "draft" was replaced by the ACC working with the bowls to find the best fit.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I could be wrong, but I think Duke, Syracuse, and BC (not necessarily in that order) will go to Fenway, Pinstripe, and Military, probably leaving us with Gasparilla. That arrangement makes the most geographic/ratings sense. Or, look at it this way: were they to send us to Pinstripe/Military, that would mean either Duke (coach left, players in portal, and fans don't travel) or Cuse/BC (Cuse coach fired, very far away and fans don't really travel for football) would go Gasparilla. I just don't see that happening, especially because the bowl "draft" was replaced by the ACC working with the bowls to find the best fit.

So you’re trusting the ACC to do what is right or makes sense? Especially when the schools are duke and tech?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Based on what I’m hearing it will be Pinstripe or Military Bowl. The Pinstripe bowl venue looks like a sorry seating chart to watch a football game. Essentially dropping a rectangle into a diamond which means for fans we would be a distance from the field of play.
Yeah no matter the city, weather, etc watching football in a baseball stadium is just a poor viewing experience. Wouldn’t want us to play in Truist either

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
66cabf88-b795-4697-aaaa-8e1821a54655-USP_NCAA_Football__Pinstripe_Bowl-Michigan_State_v.JPG

Looks like second level (in certain spots) will be the only mildly viable seats if we get sent to this terrible idea. Second level seems high enough to see the game, unlike the first, and not a mile away, like the third. What a football atrocity. I hope we get anything but this.

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
The one thing about Cuse is that they went to Pinstripe last year. I doubt they’d be reinvited a second year in a row.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
66cabf88-b795-4697-aaaa-8e1821a54655-USP_NCAA_Football__Pinstripe_Bowl-Michigan_State_v.JPG

Looks like second level (in certain spots) will be the only mildly viable seats if we get sent to this terrible idea. Second level seems high enough to see the game, unlike the first, and not a mile away, like the third. What a football atrocity. I hope we get anything but this.

I have heard bad things about this bowl from a friend who works for Syracuse athletics who has attended twice, but MAN, a picture really is worth a thousand words, isn’t it? That viewing situation looks so unappealing. The only appeal would be for folks who have a sports location bucket list and have never been to Yankee stadium, but does that even count if you’re not watching a baseball game?

Sugar3ThousandPounds

Georgia Tech Fan
So send them to Annapolis and put BC in NYC
Pretty much every outlet is projecting BC to stay home for the Fenway Bowl. VT also played in the Pinstripe Bowl in 2021 so unlikely they get sent back there so soon. Duke is our best hope to take the Pinstripe instead -- haven't played there since 2015 and have tons of alumni in the NYC area. Wouldn't count on it though...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
As a Tech fan for over 40 years, I learned one thing about Tech and the ACC pick the one bowl no one in the ACC wants to go to and that is the one we get. ( bet on it)

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm in North Port, 2 miles from the Braves Spring Training complex at the southern end of Sarasota county. Marco Island up to Sarasota is Southwest Florida, not South Florida. There's this big area called the Everglades separating us. Also I doubt anywhere in the Florida Keys is going to claim South Florida over Florida Keys as their region.
I was sitting on the beach near Venice a couple of weeks ago; so I know this area of which you speak. We are getting into semantics here. Marco Island and Miami are on about the same latitudinal line and key west is even further south - so they are all in "south" Florida in a geographic sense. I certainly understand why folks in southwest Fla and the Conch Republic would not want to be associated with the Miami crowd!