Bowl Projections & Rumors

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The coldest I have been at a football game as an adult was the Orange Bowl game against Iowa after we beat Clemson in Tampa. I had 3 layers on, and I could not get warm. It was crazy - I guess the moisture just made it feel so much worse, and of course, our play that night did not warm me up much either. I was there with "ole foggie".

With that said, I lived in NY in 1986-1987 - I've seen enough of it. It's cold and wet. Any of y'all traveling to NY in late December to support the boys has my respect.
If I remember that was, and probably still is, the coldest temperatures in the Orange Bowl history. It was ridiculously cold for southern Florida.

Jolly Good Fellow
There has been some discussion about whether FSU will get the Orange Bowl bid if they win the ACC and are not included in the CFP. The Orange Bowl, according to my famility in Florida, gets the ACC champ if they are not in the CFP (this is the contractural ACC tie-in). I doubt UL gets a NY6 invite if they are not the champs and FSU gets the Orange Bowl.

So, my question for family was, why would CFP bypass undefeated FSU. The answer I got was for FSU to win an ugly game by a close margin (emphasizing their loss of Travis) and Alabama to beat uga. Their thinking is the CFP is going to have uga in the top four win or lose. Michigan and either Washington or Oregon will get a spot. The 4th spot will then go to Alabama or Texas (if they are the B12 champs) or Washington (if Oregon is the PAC champ).
if alabama beats georgia, sec gets shut out of cfp….even if every other currently unbeaten team loses in conf champ game this weekend…
no way ala jumps a 1 loss texas team…oh well, fun to talk about but georgia ain’t losing to ala anyway

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
…oh well, fun to talk about but georgia ain’t losing to ala anyway
Neither Bama or Uga is playing to previous levels. Uga has a weakness with mobile QB's as you might have seen last Saturday. It is entirely possible that Bama can win Saturday imo...and I don't think it would be all that shocking either.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Is it as bad as the Bay County to Fort Walton area? Because with family there I can tell you that is the absolute arm pit. As one friend down there told me, “If God gave the world an enema this is where he’s stick it.”
Grayton Beach/Blue Mountain/Santa Rosa are in that stretch aren’t they?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
.nobody calls it South Florida. South Florida is comprised of 3 counties - Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. That's it. And, everyone else in FL hates those counties, along with the rest of the US.
We just need to send all those people down there back to NYC where they belong. Nobody's supposed to wear socks with sandals especially on the damn beach.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Actually, the best spot for giving the planet an enema would be Troy, NY.
Maybe in the US, but if you were giving earth an enema the best place to stick would definitely be Djibouti/ Yemen/ Somalia/ Ethiopia/ Eritrea. Bab-El-Mandeb is the world's official sphincter, look at it on a map. Damn near anatomically correct.

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Has there ever been a poll as to the average age of accounts on gtswarm? I would love the breakdown after seeing some of the posts in this thread
A poll would certainly save some effort .. but it wouldn’t take too long to mark down all those who recall Bobby Dodd with affection, or who say “remember <something> in (sometime before)’72?” or who otherwise reminisce days of the $EC😝