Bowl Projections & Rumors

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Word was they were blindsided by the fsu change and there was controversy on what bowl notre dame was able to be selected to and now the ND AD is pissed off because they wanted a different bowl than the sun bowl. Word is also no one wanted Louisville

To add to this there were 2 major bowl selection shifts that happened. It was expected before everything went down that Louisville was locked into the orange bowl as acc champion or highest ranked acc team if fsu went to the playoff. FSU getting left out bumped them down. Next, Georgia losing but staying ahead of Ohio state meant that the orange bowl had to select Georgia instead of Ohio state. The bowl tie in for the bowl LSU is in (old outback bowl I think?) flips from ACC to Big 10 if an SEC team goes to the orange bowl. Before all this went down it was expected that Louisville would face OSU in the orange bowl and notre dame would face LSU for tv drama. Notre dame was no longer eligible with the spot changing to big 10 (Wisconsin) and Louisville got thrown into the mix with all those higher tier bowls only considering NC schools. Being said that notre dame wanted holiday bowl as the backup but couldn’t go there since it selected usc to avoid a rematch. ACC allegedly told notre dame they weren’t eligible for the highest tier bowls because there were 3 other ranked ACC teams and ND disputed that this was in the contract anywhere blah blah blah people big mad
This is what happens when the wife and the girlfriend show up to the same cocktail hour….
We need to rip off the bandaid with ND.
IN OR OUT?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is what happens when the wife and the girlfriend show up to the same cocktail hour….
We need to rip off the bandaid with ND.
IN OR OUT?
Our special relationship with them….

Youre Not Special Dance Moms GIF

CEB

Helluva Engineer
On the one hand, I thought the FSU players ought to do this en masse. Just to tell the committee where to put their choice.

On the other hand, I'd have to root for FSU to do something.

I'm a bit torn.
This may be blasphemy ‘round here but I’m not advocating for FSU…I’m calling out the flawed system.
I’m not rooting for FSU (despite their opponent)… the bowl will prove / disprove nothing to me or anyone else. A refusal to play by FSU would be both hysterically awesome and pathetic… so yeah I guess I am a bit torn too. :D

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
In the interest of this thread harboring many bowl gripes… I just picked up on that the winner of Saturday’s Army v Navy game will be 6-6. Yet I don’t think there’s a bowl game for this team. Meanwhile, 5-7 Minnesota is in a bowl game along with two teams that were contractually ineligible for bowl games (JMU and JXST) to fill remaining slots. This doesn’t seem right.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In the interest of this thread harboring many bowl gripes… I just picked up on that the winner of Saturday’s Army v Navy game will be 6-6. Yet I don’t think there’s a bowl game for this team. Meanwhile, 5-7 Minnesota is in a bowl game along with two teams that were contractually ineligible for bowl games (JMU and JXST) to fill remaining slots. This doesn’t seem right.
May not be the best outcome, but there are limitations. Do the bowls wait until December 10th to map out all of the bowl games? If they do, there are teams/fans that won't know where their bowl game is until 6 days before the game. Does a bowl give an invitation to one of the academy teams hoping they win the game? You would have the same issues with getting another team and that team's fans making plans if the academy team loses. This is the only way in which it could actually have been worked out. One of the two teams will be bowl eligible, so a bowl could have selected --whoever wins-- and that could have workd.

Army-Navy could have played this past weekend, but they want that to be the only game available, and they want to be available to play in a championship game if they are eligible. I don't see this as an intentional slight to the academies. I see it as a situation in which there are many desirable outcomes and only limited solutions. That is true for the academies and for the bowls and other FBS teams. It is the same for life in general. Many people want a large retirement account, a large house, and nice cars. You can't save all of your money and pay a large mortgage, and buy nice clothes every month, and buy nice cars every two years, and vacation a lot, etc. You have to decide what is most important to you within the constraints that you have. That is what I see with this issue with the academies. They decided that being available for the conference championship and having the only game on Army-Navy weekend was more important than the limited chance that both teams will be 5-6 going into this weekend.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I want FSU to whip Ugag's arse.
Johnny Wilson declared for the draft today and won't play in the bowl game. It's expected that Coleman and Verse won't play for FSU either as they are high draft picks, and Benson is looking unlikely. Patrick Payton is at least threatening to enter the portal while he tries to get a better NIL deal. It's hard to tell who will even show up for FSU.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Johnny Wilson declared for the draft today and won't play in the bowl game. It's expected that Coleman and Verse won't play for FSU either as they are high draft picks, and Benson is looking unlikely. Patrick Payton is at least threatening to enter the portal while he tries to get a better NIL deal. It's hard to tell who will even show up for FSU.
They should just boycott the espn bowl machine

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The bowl eligibility rules stipulate teams must have 6 wins at the time bids are offered (Conference Championship weekend).

Army & Navy chose to schedule this game after that point in season. IIWII.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Army has two FCS wins and can only count one. The bowls shouldn't have to wait on Army and Navy before selecting teams.