Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
How do you know the players are tired of wearing white jerseys? And since when is an all blue uniform "swag"? Even if the players are tired of our colors, wth difference does it make? Do you think Bama players or USC players or Texas players are tired of their traditional uniforms? If so, nobody listens to them, because those uniforms define the school. White and Gold define Georgia Tech. Blue does not.

If white and gold define GT why they sell navy are blue shirts etc... it’s something different and the player love it. All the teams you named they all have a home team jersey that’s a dark shade of color. GT wears White jersey home and away. I bet Bama players would love to wear Gray and Crimson Uniforms and they all have define alternative color too. Swag is what this generation wants! The Seniors picked the blue and blue and they deserve that much! That is the difference! Change is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
We have these same debates. Most football student-athletes have little initial affinity for a school's "traditional colors." We have an "anthracite" combo that looks like this...

gold-helmet-anthracite-base.png

At least it has some gold but no maroon except for some miniscule trim. Apparently the kids love it. Coach Fleck says the team will wear unis that the kids like. He gets a lot of flack from the alumni but he's been very clear on this. Kids rule.

Looks like history supports it (in fact, in that article from 1892 gold is listed after blue.) The players evidently like it. We won't lose accreditation over. The darker color will absorb more heat, and given where our bowl is that could be an advantage. And, most importantly, I think they looks pretty nice. Of course, I'm a 55 yr old engineer who wasn't cool when I should have been, so maybe that's not such a good thing. And, oh yeah...I'm 'out of touch'. :rolleyes: So maybe we shouldn't wear them.
Did you not notice that the blue was a CLASS color, not the SCHOOL color. Every class had colors, mascots, etc, etc. The 1892 article doesn't mean squat.

With me it is not so much the color as the design - too gimmicky for my taste. Mixing a classic logo with funky stripes, etc.

But I do firmly believe Blue is now one of our main colors (just because RRFGT says"dress her in White & Gold" does not mean those are the only colors I suppose).

I just wish we would have a classic design, and that someone would have the honesty to say our colors are W/ B / G, and let us just focus on winning.
Blue is officially now a SECONDARY color. The last time I checked, secondary does not mean MAIN. Our PRIMARY (i.e., MAIN) colors are white and gold, and we have seen more blue this year than gold.

Animal02

Banned
Looks like history supports it (in fact, in that article from 1892 gold is listed after blue.) The players evidently like it. We won't lose accreditation over. The darker color will absorb more heat, and given where our bowl is that could be an advantage. And, most importantly, I think they looks pretty nice. Of course, I'm a 55 yr old engineer who wasn't cool when I should have been, so maybe that's not such a good thing. And, oh yeah...I'm 'out of touch'. :rolleyes: So maybe we shouldn't wear them.
Um......Ford Field is a domed stadium......it will be a balmy 68 or something close inside :rolleyes:

If white and gold define GT why they sell navy are blue shirts etc... it’s something different and the player love it. All the teams you named they all have a home team jersey that’s a dark shade of color. GT wears White jersey home and away. I bet Bama players would love to wear Gray and Crimson Uniforms and they all have define alternative color too. Swag is what this generation wants! The Seniors picked the blue and blue and they deserve that much! That is the difference! Change is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG, there is so much wrong with this post. Selling navy and blue shirts has absolutely nothing to do with uniforms. They also sell grey and green and pink shirts.
Players love anything different, so why not pink?
The fact that Tech has, with the exception of the 80s, when the NCAA stupidly required dark home jerseys, has worn white jerseys at home for at least 80 years. In fact that was our BRAND, something which TStan claimed he was trying to establish for Tech.
Bama players might love to wear gray and crimson uniforms, but the people making the decisions at Bama have sense enough not to fix what ain't broke.
As I have asked before, how is the use of a non-primary color considered "swag"?
Using Bama again as a reference point, do you think the seniors there have any say-so in what they wear? Schools with established conditions don't bow to any amount of group think; they stick with BRAND.
Change is definitely NOT always good. Prohibition was a CHANGE. Do you really think that was good. And that's only one BAD change that comes to mind, among thousands of others. To repeat the common expression I used earlier, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

We have these same debates. Most football student-athletes have little initial affinity for a school's "traditional colors." We have an "anthracite" combo that looks like this...

gold-helmet-anthracite-base.png

At least it has some gold but no maroon except for some miniscule trim. Apparently the kids love it. Coach Fleck says the team will wear unis that the kids like. He gets a lot of flack from the alumni but he's been very clear on this. Kids rule.
"kids rule" is total BS in my book. You just don't defy tradition.

An ugly Christmas sweater is tacky. Black socks with plaid shorts is tacky. A blue leisure suit is tacky but this uni combo is far from tacky. They look way better than what a lot of the other NCAA teams wear. I don’t just don’t get the negativity ...
Because that does not say "GEORGIA TECH". It might say any of about 50 other schools in the country who have no brand. But White and Gold is the Tech brand, so why do away with it?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Navy is more attractive than an all gold suit. Adidas is about fashion not tradition. They don't trust they can match up the gold correctly.

Look at how notre dame had gold pants with their gold helmets. 2 completely different holds. This would happen to us.

Has anyone thought maybe there is a reason why they haven't done it? That it's not technically feasible just yet. At least not to make it look good.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This is the gold on their pants and helmets. Mind you the jerseys would be a different gold as well. 3 different golds look awful. This looks awful.

Not sure why they can't match them, even on different materials, but they obviously cannot.

Attachments

• notre-dame-alternate-uniform-594x356.jpg
    notre-dame-alternate-uniform-594x356.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 11
If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. The players like it and that is LITERALLY all that matters. I think this is going to look awesome on the field.
It's going to look like any of about 50 other schools in the country whose primary colors include blue. The fact that the players like it doesn't mean much to me, because kids their age tend to like anything different, and different isn't always good nor desirable. And no, I will NOT keep it to myself. If the fans at Oregon (or Oregon State, I forget) had remained silent, they wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of the more tacky uniforms that they wore a few years back.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Because that does not say "GEORGIA TECH". It might say any of about 50 other schools in the country who have no brand. But White and Gold is the Tech brand, so why do away with it?

The gold is too difficult to replicate across all three phases of the uniform. I'm fine with navy pants, a gold jersey, and a white helmet. But the golds on either three wont match. They basically admit that by not making them

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Again, all primary colors. The green of ND may be an exception, but they have been wearing green for at least one game for years.

Super you're right, but how many of these schools have GOLD as the main color.

Adidas wants it to look good, not just use primary colors to use them. I'm confident gold with today's material development will either look awful, like notre dame's mustard pants, or it's far too expensive to get right.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
"kids rule" is total BS in my book. You just don't defy tradition.
I'm with you but I'm not the Coach.

To be fair Coach Fleck has not shied away from the issue. He takes the heat and says it's his decision.

Since we need to really beef up our star-rating for new recruits...and the alternative unis are attractive to the kids...that's where we are. It is my hope that by the time they are seniors they will appreciate the Maroon and Gold unis, which certainly look best to me and a lot of other fans.