Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
White being a primary color is difficult. Having two light colors as your primaries make for a tough sledge for Adidas.

Anyone who thinks Adidas is putting any more effort in us over miami or other schools is crazy. I doubt we get half the effort even crap Louisville gets

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
My new Christmas wish is to keep this thread going up until kickoff - just can not decide if that is QLB or 2019 CU kickoff.

Wonder which way CGC will go on that Thursday night?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We have these same debates. Most football student-athletes have little initial affinity for a school's "traditional colors." We have an "anthracite" combo that looks like this...

gold-helmet-anthracite-base.png

At least it has some gold but no maroon except for some miniscule trim. Apparently the kids love it. Coach Fleck says the team will wear unis that the kids like. He gets a lot of flack from the alumni but he's been very clear on this. Kids rule.
Those are nice as hell!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'd bet that you can take a swatch of gold fabric and have the paint used for the helmets get dang close to the color of the fabric.

Of course you can. This thing about not being able to closely match colors is horse hockey if I ever heard it. It may not be EXACTLY PERFECT, but darned close. I have a shirt in my closet that is a near perfect match to that helmet. Look at at any team's helmet and jersey. None of them are exact perfect matches, but they get it very close. Same with gold. No different.

Last edited:

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I apologize for pretty much monopolizing this thread with my comments, especially after first signing on this morning. But I am PASSIONATE about this, because of Tech tradition. And a few random uses of blue over the past 100+ years is NOT tradition, including the fact that we won a NC wearing blue jerseys. We also lost some pretty big games wearing blue jerseys in the 80s when the NCAA stupidly required all teams to wear dark jerseys at home. I can live with the blue jerseys, even though they are not my preference, but the blue pants with white jerseys was the drabbest looking uniform I have ever seen. And the use of all blue, like we will be wearing Wednesday, is IMO both drab and totally lacking in any semblance of tradition. Those who know me personally know that I am PASSIONATE about four things in my life --- my faith, my politics, my relationships, and my loyalty to Georgia Tech. I would include family after faith, but I am single with no kids. Having been a Tech fan since I was 10 years old and having been to all but about 5 home games, plus many away games and bowl games for 56 years, and having contributed (no big bucks, but still ....) to both Tech athletics and Tech academics for 51 years, then I think I have a right to be passionate and have proven in countless ways that I AM passionate. Anyone who has ever sat next to me at a game can attest to the fact that I can get as carried away at a game now that I am in my 70s as anyone in their 20s. I LOVE the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, but I HATE HATE HATE any use whatsoever of the color blue, and I will never stop saying that. If you don't like it, then frankly, I don't give a damn.
I totally understand your point of view, and frustration. I am in my late 60's and very passionate about ALL things TECH. Throwing some traditions out the window - or at least not caring about them- seems to be prevalent now days. "Kids" want to seem cool and current and relevant , instead of traditional. Only the "famous" schools never change: Mich, OSU, PSU, Ala, etc. They have no need , and to them uniform changes seem gimmicky, and I agree. I think, in hindsight, Tech should have adopted it's color scheme way back when, AND STUCK to it , like the proud school with a rich history that we are. But someone , back in the day , decided we needed to look more "modern". Now , years later, we have no TRADITIONAL look, no true identity. Kind of sad and disappointing to me........but like I said earlier , I am old......

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
White and Gold are our PRIMARY colors. Blue is a SECONDARY color. That should not mean that blue is a SUBSTITUTE color. Yes, I know that CPJ wore blue, and that is one of few things that I disliked about him.
Every team in the country wears white at away games. So it is perceived to be an honorary color for everybody. We have had too much navy blue for too long for it not to be a color. Only true tech fans know that are colors are white and gold. But there’s just as much, if not more navy blue at the bookstore as any of our colors.

Bama and Southern are the only teams that I can think of as white as a primary color. If I didn’t know better I would swear our colors are navy blue and gold.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Super- please keep it going as I love Gold and White, but don't have your passion or time.
Ramblin Wreck and Gold and White will be Ga Tech as long as we sing " I AM A Ramblin wrek.

U guys that love the kids keep it going too.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I apologize for pretty much monopolizing this thread with my comments, especially after first signing on this morning. But I am PASSIONATE about this, because of Tech tradition. And a few random uses of blue over the past 100+ years is NOT tradition, including the fact that we won a NC wearing blue jerseys. We also lost some pretty big games wearing blue jerseys in the 80s when the NCAA stupidly required all teams to wear dark jerseys at home. I can live with the blue jerseys, even though they are not my preference, but the blue pants with white jerseys was the drabbest looking uniform I have ever seen. And the use of all blue, like we will be wearing Wednesday, is IMO both drab and totally lacking in any semblance of tradition. Those who know me personally know that I am PASSIONATE about four things in my life --- my faith, my politics, my relationships, and my loyalty to Georgia Tech. I would include family after faith, but I am single with no kids. Having been a Tech fan since I was 10 years old and having been to all but about 5 home games, plus many away games and bowl games for 56 years, and having contributed (no big bucks, but still ....) to both Tech athletics and Tech academics for 51 years, then I think I have a right to be passionate and have proven in countless ways that I AM passionate. Anyone who has ever sat next to me at a game can attest to the fact that I can get as carried away at a game now that I am in my 70s as anyone in their 20s. I LOVE the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, but I HATE HATE HATE any use whatsoever of the color blue, and I will never stop saying that. If you don't like it, then frankly, I don't give a damn.

I've learned to accept the blue, because what else can you do? But the fact is that if we would just stick to white and gold, we would be the only major college team (and maybe the only one, period) that had that particular color combination. The only one.

Every team in the country wears white at away games. So it is perceived to be an honorary color for everybody. We have had too much navy blue for too long for it not to be a color. Only true tech fans know that are colors are white and gold. But there’s just as much, if not more navy blue at the bookstore as any of our colors.

Bama and Southern are the only teams that I can think of as white as a primary color. If I didn’t know better I would swear our colors are navy blue and gold.
There are a lot of pink, green, and grey shirts at the bookstore too, but do we wear any of those colors on the field or courts? LSU and Clemson also have white as primary colors, along with purple (both teams), orange (Clemson), and gold/yellow (LSU). If only true Tech fans know our colors, then somebody at Tech is definitely not doing things right, and that's the same way I feel about the use of blue uniforms....it's not right.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
White being a primary color is difficult. Having two light colors as your primaries make for a tough sledge for Adidas.

Anyone who thinks Adidas is putting any more effort in us over miami or other schools is crazy. I doubt we get half the effort even crap Louisville gets

Well we’re a Tier 1 Adidas school so get their latest innovative merch. This like saying Bama getting as much effort from Nike than Oregon

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A couple of pages in we were only at 8:16 last night (at the latest). What time do you go to bed?!?! Okay, dumb post, I know. Just trying to lighten the mood in a thread about fashion tastes. There’s more discussion on GTSwarm about what we are going to wear than how the team is going to play in CPJ’s (and the rest of the staff ‘s) farewell game.
I'm an old woman...I go to bed when the sun goes down.:whistle:

Last edited:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of pink, green, and grey shirts at the bookstore too, but do we wear any of those colors on the field or courts? LSU and Clemson also have white as primary colors, along with purple (both teams), orange (Clemson), and gold/yellow (LSU). If only true Tech fans know our colors, then somebody at Tech is definitely not doing things right, and that's the same way I feel about the use of blue uniforms....it's not right.
I understand your passion, and I know every time we wear blue it is more perceived as one of our primary colors. It’s kind of where we are at in today’s world. As you said about Clemson and LSU they do wear purple as an alternate sometimes... I’m glad purple isn’t our secondary color or I would be fussing more than you @Supersizethatorder-mutt lol

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
My brother plays for another ACC team and they don't

Do you not see the very obvious hole in your argument? You said “no other school does this”, and when provided an account of someone who does you counter with a single example who doesn’t. Your extraordinary claim needs a little more evidence than a single data point.