Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

Super you're right, but how many of these schools have GOLD as the main color.

Adidas wants it to look good, not just use primary colors to use them. I'm confident gold with today's material development will either look awful, like notre dame's mustard pants, or it's far too expensive to get right.
Then why all the hoopla (or maybe it was BS) about the "new gold" last spring. To say they can't replicate it on uniforms just tells me they don't want to bother with it.

Animal02

Banned
It's going to look like any of about 50 other schools in the country whose primary colors include blue. The fact that the players like it doesn't mean much to me, because kids their age tend to like anything different, and different isn't always good nor desirable. And no, I will NOT keep it to myself. If the fans at Oregon (or Oregon State, I forget) had remained silent, they wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of the more tacky uniforms that they wore a few years back.
So we will have uni's that look like every other school to match the O that will look like every other school :rolleyes:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The gold is too difficult to replicate across all three phases of the uniform. I'm fine with navy pants, a gold jersey, and a white helmet. But the golds on either three wont match. They basically admit that by not making them
I'd bet that you can take a swatch of gold fabric and have the paint used for the helmets get dang close to the color of the fabric.

I apologize for pretty much monopolizing this thread with my comments, especially after first signing on this morning. But I am PASSIONATE about this, because of Tech tradition. And a few random uses of blue over the past 100+ years is NOT tradition, including the fact that we won a NC wearing blue jerseys. We also lost some pretty big games wearing blue jerseys in the 80s when the NCAA stupidly required all teams to wear dark jerseys at home. I can live with the blue jerseys, even though they are not my preference, but the blue pants with white jerseys was the drabbest looking uniform I have ever seen. And the use of all blue, like we will be wearing Wednesday, is IMO both drab and totally lacking in any semblance of tradition. Those who know me personally know that I am PASSIONATE about four things in my life --- my faith, my politics, my relationships, and my loyalty to Georgia Tech. I would include family after faith, but I am single with no kids. Having been a Tech fan since I was 10 years old and having been to all but about 5 home games, plus many away games and bowl games for 56 years, and having contributed (no big bucks, but still ....) to both Tech athletics and Tech academics for 51 years, then I think I have a right to be passionate and have proven in countless ways that I AM passionate. Anyone who has ever sat next to me at a game can attest to the fact that I can get as carried away at a game now that I am in my 70s as anyone in their 20s. I LOVE the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, but I HATE HATE HATE any use whatsoever of the color blue, and I will never stop saying that. If you don't like it, then frankly, I don't give a damn.

Let the kids have fun

If I had to choose a Uni for the Bowl game I would choose White Jerseys, White Pants, and then break out Blue Lids with a Gold GT on the sides to go along with Blue Adidas Shoes with 3 gold stripes

Recruits would love that look

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I wish there was a "thumbs down" button for your posts. Couldn't disagree more. Thinking you should be in control of uniforms because you buy tickets is sad. Get over it. Clemson has worn all-purple, UGA has worn all-back. Life goes on.

Don’t recall ugag in all black.

CU all purple? Have seen O/P/P, but you may be correct.

Recruits born after 2000 know nothing of Tech's traditions, they wanna be a part of the Team that's cool, modern, and in the social media spotlight

Either we take this path or we get a network of bagmen, so that our player's parking lot will end up looking like the player's parking lot at Bama

If you're not gonna commit to the bagman method, having cutting edge, social-media savvy Unis is one way to even the playing field, ala Oregon minus the loud colors

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If white and gold define GT why they sell navy are blue shirts etc... it’s something different and the player love it. All the teams you named they all have a home team jersey that’s a dark shade of color. GT wears White jersey home and away. I bet Bama players would love to wear Gray and Crimson Uniforms and they all have define alternative color too. Swag is what this generation wants! The Seniors picked the blue and blue and they deserve that much! That is the difference! Change is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, but a lot of those teams (not all, but a lot) don’t go skitzo with stripes and trim.

I really think there is a lot of room to compromise and make this all a huge bonus for GT.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Recruits born after 2000 know nothing of Tech's traditions, they wanna be a part of the Team that's cool, modern, and in the social media spotlight

Either we take this path or we get a network of bagmen, so that our player's parking lot will end up looking like the player's parking lot at Bama

If you're not gonna commit to the bagman method, having cutting edge, social-media savvy Unis is one way to even the playing field, ala Oregon minus the loud colors
Most sidewalk fans that are just the casual fan who could only name 2-3 players actually think our colors are navy blue and gold. Along with everyone else in the country.