Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so Clemson SOMETIMES wears all purple, but they've been doing it for years. The Georgia uniform you showed only has a black jersey, not black pants also, but regardless, black is one of their primary colors. Blue was clearly stated last spring as being a TERTIARY color. That does not (or should not) mean it is a substitute color.
Those were the regular Clemson uniforms from the 1930s to 1956(Clemson wore purple helmets,orange jerseys and purple pants)

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
You know, we can all argue until we're blue in the face (haha, no pun intended).

But I'm glad Adi gave us something to talk about before the bowl game. Funny how this thread is only a few hours old and already 9 pages. And no one's derailed it, yet! I might try, tho.

*channels all the lovable old guys in this thread*

I don't have a whole lot more about the way I feel about Adidas. No respect. No honor. They put hard times on @Supersizethatorder-mutt and his family. You don't know what hard times are, daddy. Hard times are when the textile workers around this country are out of work, they got 4 or 5 kids and can't pay their bills, can't buy their food. Hard times are when the auto workers are out of work and they tell 'em go home. And hard times are when a man has had season tickets for 51 years ... FIFTY ONE YEARS ... and they give him a watch, kick him in the butt and say, "Hey, you'll like these all blue uniforms." THAT'S HARD TIMES DADDY.​

dustyrhodes11-350x203.jpg

After December 26th, you will never be able to say this again. [emoji23]. Seriously though, I think the basketball team has worn all blue. Does that count? It seems like I remember playing TCU in all blue during the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I meant the football team, but I HATE those all blue basketball uniforms and the all blue baseball uniforms too.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I hope Coach Collins doesn't lose any sleep knowing big, bad Supersizethatorder-mutt is getting ready to express his opinion.

Look, this should be very simple for every fan: If the recruits and the players like them, which they do, then the fans shouldn't have any problems with it. For all I care, we could wear tutus out on the field if it helps us get better players and translated into more wins.

Won't totally disagree, but where do we obtain the actual proof that players AND recruits like our unis?

Blue is fine with me (I have new blue hat with Gold GT & am going with same scheme in shirt next year) I just wish it would be published as one of our main colors.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I don't know whom you wanted to PM, but I tried to send one to you, and it wouldn't let me. I had the same problem when I tried to PM @Milwaukee. I think both you and he must have some kind of setting that won't let others PM you, because I have never had that problem PMing anybody else other than you two.
Yeah it won't let me PM anybody. Not sure why

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I frankly don't give a damn what the players and recruits (ESPECIALLY recruits) like. What if they decided they liked red and gold? Would that be ok too? The school colors are WHITE AND GOLD, NOT BLUE and anything !!!

I hear you (I would love to see a strictly White & Gold uni) but Blue is now an official main color.

Just the way it is. Cremins did ok with Blue unis.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
They might have some say-so in uniform design, but I doubt any of them have any say-so about color usage. Other than ND, I can't think of any other school in the country that wears tertiary, or even secondary colors to their PRIMARY ones.

I am not a great fan of this overuse of blue However -

puke uses gray & black
Northwestern uses black & they are white/purple
TCU, also purple & White uses black
Oregon, yellow & green, uses vomit & feces.
um, green & Orange, uses black

I totally understand the thinking behind the "alternate" unis -
.but I look at usc, texas, psu, auburn, nebraska, lsu (for a great part), bama,and their unis scream Class.