Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

Animal02

Banned
First. I’m not a dude. I’m a sir. I’ve been married longer than you’ve been alive, worked for 35 years, run multiple divisions of a Fortune 50 companies. I speak from experience, not bravado.

You don’t succeed in any endeavor by assigning decision authority on s major issue to someone without qualifications. And sorry ... players don’t run the program.

That’s my opinion. You can disagree with it or not. And I really don’t care.
Cripes, I look back at where I was at 30, and the decisions I made..(especially being a licensed architect at that point)..and it is downright scary considering what I know now and realize how little I knew then.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Whatever anyone thinks about the bowl game uniforms, don't you think it odd that the Jackets have not appeared in gold jerseys a single time this year? What's up with that? Do we actually even have gold jerseys? I mean, I know we're supposed to have them, but do we?
no evidence we do. The hinted at deal with Adidas was the 2 main white jerseys being our base for 3 years and then having an alternate a year. The blue are this year's alternate.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
eh I assume next year there will be one and I assume that was always the plan.

I'm in the minority but I've only ever thought 1 gold jersey looked good. I think 99% of all gold jerseys look mediocre at best.

2cn5ouf

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the players are seeing this as a way to somehow honor CPJ in his last game?

Regardless, does not appear that those who previously played, or those buying tix, or those giving money will ever have their opinions considered.

Way it is.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Wish they liked winnings as much as the color of their Jersey. No offense this senior class had one good year out of four...it been disappointing 4 years coming off 2014 season.

I've never understood this line of thinking. Of all the reasons for lack of success, I am certain that "not liking winning" enough isn't one of them.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
How about everyone who complains about the uniform cut a check big enough to make the AA change the colors? If this is such an issue in your life do something about it

Until then it’s all idle chatter. Money talks...bull **** walks
Like a mother ****ing tightrope

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If the players are going to make the decisions on uniforms, why not let them pick the plays? Set the practice schedule? Work the donor lists?

In fact ... why do we need an AD? Let’s just have a player run sports organization. Let the SA’s decide ... everything.
That's ridiculous to the point of rediculum. One is not related to the others. The players getting a say in what they wear has nothing to do with the operation of the program. The others do. You're losing credibility with statements like this.

I'm as strong on tradition an anyone on this board, but I think the issue with wearing blue uniforms is a battle I don't see as being worth fighting. I get the "white and gold" and the "old gold and white", I went to Tech. I know what our colors are. I would prefer not to have blue bottoms, but I'm not losing my mind over it. There have been a number of Buzzs over the years. Each time it's changed, there has been a "tradition" uproar. But, guess what, we get over it and move forward. Notre Dame's colors are Navy and Gold, but I've seen them in Kelly Green a number of times, including once when they played us (I think). There's no green in any ND color scheme at all, but it doesn't stop them from occasionally pulling them out. We could wear fuchsia and I wouldn't care if the players were amped and we played well.

No one wants to look like crap while losing their ***.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Hilarious. So we should make sure we follow suit and let equally unqualified people make decisions. And we improve how?

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one.
Just to be clear (at least to my understanding). Adults are making the decision. TStan/GTAA/Adidas sat down and agreed to an approved set of uniforms. They then let the 'kids' make a 'decision' from their approval. I don't see this as the inmates running the asylum. This decision was made before and above them.

Supersize has it right. If you are going to be mad at anything or anybody. Go talk to TStan. He is paid to make these decisions and deal with the repercussions.

Just to be clear (at least to my understanding). Adults are making the decision. TStan/GTAA/Adidas sat down and agreed to an approved set of uniforms. They then let the 'kids' make a 'decision' from their approval. I don't see this as the inmates running the asylum. This decision was made before and above them.

Supersize has it right. If you are going to be mad at anything or anybody. Go talk to TStan. He is paid to make these decisions and deal with the repercussions.
Thank you !!! Although I'm not totally convinced such decisions should in general be up to the team, they only had certain options to choose from. It is TStan's fault for not pressing Adidas to have more. Maybe if they had offered gold jerseys as promised, we would be seeing gold jerseys and white pants or (God forbid) blue pants tomorrow.