Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

I am sure if GCG knows that a very vocal group of small donors/keyboard warriors are angry about uni colors and about modernizing the program I am 100% sure he will change course.

Just let him know and see what he says back! I’m sure it’ll be positive and encouraging
Changing school colors to what 50+ other teams in the country use is "modernizing the program"?? :confused::confused::confused:

Milwaukee

Banned
Because they want to and it's their opportunity to express their prerogative towards a uniform style. The newsflash here is they have the means to express their prerogative.

I'd have been fine with traditional uniforms and I'm fine with these. I'm also fine with a new tradition at Georgia Tech, in which Adidas opens up the playbook and says here are your bowl game apparel options Seniors, what would you like to roll with this year? If anyone has that right, it actually is the players, especially the seniors, who suffer through the bumps & bruises on the field and in the classroom, for what we get to observe as a source of entertainment. Sure it's something we take pride in, but it is, ultimately, a source of entertainment.

Meanwhile, just a heads up that I'm on vacation this week, so I'll plan to come back and keep quote posting people posting counter to your argument, mainly to be an annoying ****. I got nothing against you and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't really take to the thought that anything takes precedence over the players who represent us.

I love these cliche posts about players having the right to decide things. It's such an easy path. You're only missing a couple of buzzwords like "inclusive" and "divisive" to bring your stance all together. This isn't just aimed towards you, but I like being a **** to all the cliche hounds.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Changing school colors to what 50+ other teams in the country use is "modernizing the program"?? :confused::confused::confused:

You’re deliberately missing my point.

Having alternative “fun” “cool” uniforms is a modern theme that’s in vogue with recruits and younger kids. Until we are on the level of branding with bama there’s no harm in changing things up to reward the seniors after a hard fought season

Milwaukee

Banned
I am sure if GCG knows that a very vocal group of small donors/keyboard warriors are angry about uni colors and about modernizing the program I am 100% sure he will change course.

Just let him know and see what he says back! I’m sure it’ll be positive and encouraging

About as much as your keyboard warrior style that doesn't mind the unis I'd imagine.

You’re deliberately missing my point.

Having alternative “fun” “cool” uniforms is a modern theme that’s in vogue with recruits and younger kids. Until we are on the level of branding with bama there’s no harm in changing things up to reward the seniors after a hard fought season
Hmmm, so solid color uniforms are "fun" and "cool"? News to me. Nor is that "modern". And it may come as a surprise to you, but even though we don't currently have the "elite" status that Bama has, we are definitely on the same level with them in the area of branding, if for no other reason, because of our uniqueness. As far as providing a "reward" for the seniors, there are a helluva lot better ways to reward them than to come up with some non-Tech-looking uniform.

About as much as your keyboard warrior style that doesn't mind the unis I'd imagine.
For whatever reason, you have always liked blue. If black had been chosen as our secondary (formerly tertiary) color, as it should have been, you would like black, and you would probably like all black uniforms. I like black, but I would not have liked all black uniforms either.....nor, for that matter, all gold.

Milwaukee

Banned
For whatever reason, you have always liked blue. If black had been chosen as our secondary (formerly tertiary) color, as it should have been, you would like black, and you would probably like all black uniforms. I like black, but I would not have liked all black uniforms either.....nor, for that matter, all gold.

Yea I don't mind the blue jerseys, it's just the design of them is the hill that I'm dying on. The pointed stripes are so bad, I'm still confused as to what Adidas was even thinking. From the front they're not bad at all, but unfortunately from the sides and back we look like dorks.

Yea I don't mind the blue jerseys, it's just the design of them is the hill that I'm dying on. The pointed stripes are so bad, I'm still confused as to what Adidas was even thinking. From the front they're not bad at all, but unfortunately from the sides and back we look like dorks.
The blue pants were even worse. That was by far the drabbest looking uniform I have ever seen. I guess we will see both what you don't like and what I don't like on Wednesday. Sorry as hell you won't be sitting next to me like you should be. LOL

bikeseat

GT Athlete
It could be green or purple or pink for all I care.

We have an acute issue with branding. This is the easiest way to build interest and get on the radar of some kid in Seattle who can sling the rock but knows nothing about us

It could be green or purple or pink for all I care.

We have an acute issue with branding
. This is the easiest way to build interest and get on the radar of some kid in Seattle who can sling the rock but knows nothing about us
No, we have an acute issue with how our brand is marketed. We have a unique brand, and yet, for some reason, people want to abandon it and try something different. Makes no sense.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I'm not all that fond of the pointed stripes either, I just don't typically get bothered by uniforms. As long as the players like them, I'm all for them.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You may be right. My opinions are my own.

I responded to your post, not so much in disagreement with your take on how to lead a branding campaign, as much as providing a different point of view or approach.

Interesting sidenote - there was a recent GT athletics donor that coughed up a $500,000 gift due to a monetization event at the start up they worked at. They were a class of 2013 grad, iirc.

How do things work when your donors are children?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love these cliche posts about players having the right to decide things. It's such an easy path. You're only missing a couple of buzzwords like "inclusive" and "divisive" to bring your stance all together. This isn't just aimed towards you, but I like being a **** to all the cliche hounds.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I aim to please, so this will be inclusive of you, me, and everyone else not in a GT uniform and I'll lump us all together to avoid any divisiveness.

We're not out there busting our hump, the kids playing for GT are. Let them have some perks, even if some don't like it. They actually earn it.

We're just increasing our post count. When it comes to many of these topics, myself included, we can all go **** ourselves.