Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They can disagree all they want to. They have no right or business changing tradition. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and for 100+ years, Tech has been known as the White and Gold, or the Golden Tornado, NOT the blue anything. Why would anybody want to look like about 50 other teams in the country when you have a traditional uniform that pretty much stands alone and actually says Georgia Tech. Navy blue says, Navy, UVA, Auburn (to some extent), and countless other schools.

Because they want to and it's their opportunity to express their prerogative towards a uniform style. The newsflash here is they have the means to express their prerogative.

I'd have been fine with traditional uniforms and I'm fine with these. I'm also fine with a new tradition at Georgia Tech, in which Adidas opens up the playbook and says here are your bowl game apparel options Seniors, what would you like to roll with this year? If anyone has that right, it actually is the players, especially the seniors, who suffer through the bumps & bruises on the field and in the classroom, for what we get to observe as a source of entertainment. Sure it's something we take pride in, but it is, ultimately, a source of entertainment.

Meanwhile, just a heads up that I'm on vacation this week, so I'll plan to come back and keep quote posting people posting counter to your argument, mainly to be an annoying ****. I got nothing against you and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't really take to the thought that anything takes precedence over the players who represent us.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Are allegedly intelligent people saying that tradition doesn't mean anything, and we should just look like everybody else?

It's a color. Georgia Tech doesn't cease to be Georgia Tech because the players wear navy jerseys and pants. Let's not pretend G-W-G is support unique anyway

Notre Dame, Navy, Army, Vanderbilt, Pitt, Akron, UCLA, Colorado, Boston College, Florida State, UCF, etc, etc, etc have all worn G-W-G.

It's a color. Georgia Tech doesn't cease to be Georgia Tech because the players wear navy jerseys and pants. Let's not pretend G-W-G is support unique anyway

Notre Dame, Navy, Army, Vanderbilt, Pitt, Akron, UCLA, Colorado, Boston College, Florida State, UCF, etc, etc, etc have all worn G-W-G.
But Georgia Tech has been The White and Gold since the early part of the 20th century. I don't really give a damn what color combinations other schools may have randomly used through the years, Georgia Tech IS The White and Gold.

Because they want to and it's their opportunity to express their prerogative towards a uniform style. The newsflash here is they have the means to express their prerogative.

I'd have been fine with traditional uniforms and I'm fine with these. I'm also fine with a new tradition at Georgia Tech, in which Adidas opens up the playbook and says here are your bowl game apparel options Seniors, what would you like to roll with this year? If anyone has that right, it actually is the players, especially the seniors, who suffer through the bumps & bruises on the field and in the classroom, for what we get to observe as a source of entertainment. Sure it's something we take pride in, but it is, ultimately, a source of entertainment.

Meanwhile, just a heads up that I'm on vacation this week, so I'll plan to come back and keep quote posting people posting counter to your argument, mainly to be an annoying ****. I got nothing against you and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't really take to the thought that anything takes precedence over the players who represent us.
You don't "create" traditions, especially not overnight, and definitely not in opposition to any long-time traditions. IMO the players should have NEVER been given the prerogative. TStan should have nipped that in the bud from the start by demanding that Adidas honor our tradition in their choice of uniforms offered. Yeah, I know some of you are going to claim that blue has always been "a part" of our traditional colors, but it was never a substitute for the actual traditional colors.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
But Georgia Tech has been The White and Gold since the early part of the 20th century. I don't really give a damn what color combinations other schools may have randomly used through the years, Georgia Tech IS The White and Gold.

Most of these schools have not worn GWG randomly. Your assertion that our color scheme is unique is flat out false. Quit moving the goalposts.

Didn't GT win the Citrus Bowl against Nebraska in Navy jerseys?
Yes, but that was due in part to the stupid NCAA regulation at the time that the home team HAD to wear DARK jerseys. I don't remember now if Tech was the home team in that bowl game, but we had been forced by the NCAA to wear blue (or gold or black) jerseys for all home games for about 5 years.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Didn't GT win the Citrus Bowl against Nebraska in Navy jerseys?

I first started watching Tech during the 1990 season, since then i’ve seen our team play in a cacophony of white/ gold/ blue/ chickenwire/ bubblewrap/mustard/green-gold uniforms, to me and probably a lot of modern era GT fans we don’t really have a uniform tradition, that train left the station decades ago. Personally there’s no better uni to me than gold/navy/white because i watched GT have a magical season and win a natty in them.

Most of these schools have not worn GWG randomly. Your assertion that our color scheme is unique is flat out false. Quit moving the goalposts.
WRONG. Take a look at a list of school colors, and there is not a single other school listed whose primary colors are gold and white. So any mixing of those colors with official school colors is indeed random. Can you name any other school in the country whose primary colors are white and gold? I think I have heard of a couple of non-power5 schools that do, but I can't find any reference to them. One really sad thing I noticed in one list of school colors is that Tech is listed as being gold and blue. OMG Nothing could be further from the truth.

Take a look at this list, the ONLY school listed as having white and gold besides Tech is Xavier of New Orleans.
https://www.caninejournal.com/college-colors/
So yes, I would say our color scheme is unique, so why can't we revel in our uniqueness and leave it alone?