Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 4818 View attachment 4819 It's not just the blue pants that make it ugly, it's the actual design. Adidas needs to completely scrap the 2018 versions and go back to the drawing board. Get rid of the pointed stripes for God's sake man. Who tf is signing off on this crap? The white and gold unis have the same design this year as well. Get with it, Adidas.
As much as we loved to crap on Russell, I have to admit they pretty much got the design perfect in 2016 and 2o17. If Adidas would have kept this design and updated the gold, they would have been perfect.

photos.medleyphoto.11321521.JPG

Even the Navy design of that jersey was sick with the white pants.
calvin-johnson-of-the-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-carries-the-ball-picture-id72798870

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Buzz did not come to GT until the early 80's. By some posters' logic, we should get rid of him since it's not tradition. The Ford Model A didn't appear until the 1960's. Should we get rid of that too? People need to chill out. BTW, it doesn't matter what the "official" or "secondary" colors are listed as, clearly Blue will be featured prominently going forward. Clemson lists Purple as a primary color, but in reality (based on how it is used) it is their secondary or maybe tertiary color. Quit acting like the old man yelling at kids to get off the lawn.

I hear you, CHE and, to be clear, I don't care what we wear as long as we play well. And if we don't play well, it won't have anything to do with the uni's. But there are a lot of old guys who, come next Wednesday, won't care who is on their lawn because they'll be in Detroit cheering on those guys wearing all blue. I should know. I'll be sitting with those old guys!

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I hear you, CHE and, to be clear, I don't care what we wear as long as we play well. And if we don't play well, it won't have anything to do with the uni's. But there are a lot of old guys who, come next Wednesday, won't care who is on their lawn because they'll be in Detroit cheering on those guys wearing all blue. I should know. I'll be sitting with those old guys!
To be clear, I'm one of the old guys too. I'm just trying to be realistic about things going forward. I don't love the navy jersey with navy pants but if the players like it then i'm good with it. I'm running a company and we need to make it attractive for young people to work here. As long as nothing is being disruptive, I am open to change, new ideas, and new traditions. I wish the GT fan base would do the same.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
Buzz did not come to GT until the early 80's. By some posters' logic, we should get rid of him since it's not tradition. The Ford Model A didn't appear until the 1960's. Should we get rid of that too? People need to chill out. BTW, it doesn't matter what the "official" or "secondary" colors are listed as, clearly Blue will be featured prominently going forward. Clemson lists Purple as a primary color, but in reality (based on how it is used) it is their secondary or maybe tertiary color. Quit acting like the old man yelling at kids to get off the lawn.
What a great post!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope Coach Collins doesn't lose any sleep knowing big, bad Supersizethatorder-mutt is getting ready to express his opinion.

Look, this should be very simple for every fan: If the recruits and the players like them, which they do, then the fans shouldn't have any problems with it. For all I care, we could wear tutus out on the field if it helps us get better players and translated into more wins.

+1