Bowl Game Question

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
From what I looked at today, most have us in El Paso, Jax or NYC, My buddies and i are in preliminary planning stages. given those 3, El Paso gets my vote. I may pass obn NYC in December.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Ah, no not really, we've live just north of Jax, the city has seen some down times, but is improving. And not sure where the hate is coming from, haven't seen much GT hate ... Gator Bowl would be great IMO, I believe our last trip here we beat ND !! And as far as being 6-6, we went to, the Cheesit Bowl in Orlando last year and saw a 6-6 Oklahoma team give FSU all they wanted. GO Jackets !!
The reason for the hate is that our fans don't travel well and don’t spend enough money on hotels and such. Maybe this year will be different but I doubt J’ville will be the one to take a chance on it.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I had seen a lot of pinstripe predictions leading up to the cuse game. Athlon sports keeps saying Gasparilla bowl in Tamp which would be awesome. They’ve said vs Auburn or florida. Im hoping Athlon is right.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Jax would be an awesome trip
or Tampa
The Bronx in December might be in comparison to the Music city bowl in 2013
COLD A F!

But, I will be ready
wherever we go..
It was good seeing you lastnight
@awbuzz

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I could be wrong, but I think with FSU losing their QB that the ACC will miss out of the playoffs this year. And don't see Louisville with one lose getting in. So that could really change up the bowl picture for the ACC.

slugboy

Staff member
I could be wrong, but I think with FSU losing their QB that the ACC will miss out of the playoffs this year. And don't see Louisville with one lose getting in. So that could really change up the bowl picture for the ACC.
I think their backup QB is enough to beat Florida, and maybe to beat Louisville. If they win their next two, they’re in.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I think their backup QB is enough to beat Florida, and maybe to beat Louisville. If they win their next two, they’re in.
Agree. An undefeated P5 champ isn't being left out, even if the starting QB is down. The real question is: can they win their next two games without him?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We'll likely get a lower tier bowl, but it will be a bowl, nonetheless. The "more desirable" teams ahead of us right now are FSU (11-0), Louisville (10-1), Notre Dame (8-3, and TBH, this makes me want to hurl - they refuse to join us but still get one of our slots), UNC (8-3), NCSU (8-3), and Clemson (7-4). That's 6 teams and I believe all 6 of them will get an invite ahead of us. Even with us at 6-5 are Miami, BC and Dook. So, we're 7th at best right now, but if VPI gets to 6 wins next Saturday, they will likely jump us and Miami may already be ahead of us. Syracuse may also join the list. So, we might end up 9th or lower, and the probable pretty bad loss to UGAg next Saturday will be fresh in all minds.

Such is the effect of that BGSU loss once again, and surely the Louisville loss. Were we 7-4 right now, we'd be in that top group. Had we held on against L'ville, we'd be 8-3 and in the running for the group of ND, UNC, and NCSU playing for a FL bowl. I still think that FSU gets a top four spot as long as they can beat UF and UL. That seems to leave this:

CFP - FSU (13-0)
Orange - Louisville (11-2)
Gator Bowl - Notre Dame (9-3)
Holiday Bowl - UNC (8-3)/NCSU (8-3) winner
Duke's Bowl - UNC (8-3)/NCSU (8-3) loser
Sun Bowl - Clemson (7-4)

ReliaQuest (Outback) Bowl - Miami (6-5)/BC (6-5) winner
Pinstripe Bowl - Miami (6-5)/BC (6-5) loser
Pop Tart (Carquest/Camping World) Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-5), or GA Tech (6-5)
Fenway Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (5-6), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)
Military Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-4), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)

Birmingham Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-4), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)
If we beat Louisville, we'd be playing for the ACC Championship (unless there was some weird tiebreaker where NC State played).

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess as of today:

Playoffs: FSU
Orange: Louisville
Reliaquest (assuming Ohio St/Michigan loser gets Orange bowl): ND
Gator: Clemson
Pop Tarts & Holiday: NC State & UNC
Sun, Duke Mayo, Pinstripe: Miami, GT, and Duke
Fenway: BC

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think part of this will depend on our showing with UGA. Not to win but not to totally get blown out. If we play a reasonable game, our bowl chances will be improved to get into a better bowl.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You don’t think upsetting the #1 team in the nation who’s won 28 straight games would change the bowl outlook at all? Lol
We both believe it would. Right now no one outside our program believes we can play with and defeat any of the 5 or 6 best teams in the game and our win would prove differently and create a lot of interest on a national level to see us play a higher ranked opponent rather than the teams being talked about now for our match up.