Bowl Game Question

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech will be 5-3 in conference which should put us in the top 5 in the ACC. Will that have a positive affect on our bowl although our record won't be fantastic?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech will be 5-3 in conference which should put us in the top 5 in the ACC. Will that have a positive affect on our bowl although our record won't be fantastic?

We likely will play an SEC team. I would have though it would have been florida except they just lost to missouri so will likely miss a bowl. so might be kentucky

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Was before my time unfortunately. But I’ve always heard great things about it. Kinda hope now that we have 0 protected ACC rivalries, we could slot them in?

Similar caliber teams and close proximity. Would be great games to watch

truthfully i am of the mind that i'd honestly rather rotate the UGA game now with other traditional SEC rivals. My heart says no. But the covid year already broke the chain.

If our schedule was 1 fcs/g5, 1 big 10/g5/notre dame, 2 SEC then 8 acc we'd have a pretty damn good schedule.

Havign home and homes with auburn/tenn/vandy/alabama etc every year woudl be huge. as well as mixing in games against nebraska, purdue, michigan osu when we aren't playing ND starts building that relationship

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
For what it's worth, the Sun Bowl was paying attention.
Screenshot_20231118-235446.png