Bowl Game Question

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I’d like one Holiday Bowl pls and thank you. Travel plans got upended to get to Atlanta this year so that would be a good chance. Sun would be a potential good one too.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech will be 5-3 in conference which should put us in the top 5 in the ACC. Will that have a positive affect on our bowl although our record won't be fantastic?
The only requirement is if no one from the Conference is in the CFP the Conference Champ goes to the Orange Bowl. After that it's up to the ACC affiliated Bowls to pick the team they want from the Conference. There is a selection order for the Bowls that have agreements with the ACC.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
GT won’t ever play in the Gator Bowl again. Those clowns in J’ville hate us. Besides, the town is a dump.
Ah, no not really, we've live just north of Jax, the city has seen some down times, but is improving. And not sure where the hate is coming from, haven't seen much GT hate ... Gator Bowl would be great IMO, I believe our last trip here we beat ND !! And as far as being 6-6, we went to, the Cheesit Bowl in Orlando last year and saw a 6-6 Oklahoma team give FSU all they wanted. GO Jackets !!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We'll likely get a lower tier bowl, but it will be a bowl, nonetheless. The "more desirable" teams ahead of us right now are FSU (11-0), Louisville (10-1), Notre Dame (8-3, and TBH, this makes me want to hurl - they refuse to join us but still get one of our slots), UNC (8-3), NCSU (8-3), and Clemson (7-4). That's 6 teams and I believe all 6 of them will get an invite ahead of us. Even with us at 6-5 are Miami, BC and Dook. So, we're 7th at best right now, but if VPI gets to 6 wins next Saturday, they will likely jump us and Miami may already be ahead of us. Syracuse may also join the list. So, we might end up 9th or lower, and the probable pretty bad loss to UGAg next Saturday will be fresh in all minds.

Such is the effect of that BGSU loss once again, and surely the Louisville loss. Were we 7-4 right now, we'd be in that top group. Had we held on against L'ville, we'd be 8-3 and in the running for the group of ND, UNC, and NCSU playing for a FL bowl. I still think that FSU gets a top four spot as long as they can beat UF and UL. That seems to leave this:

CFP - FSU (13-0)
Orange - Louisville (11-2)
Gator Bowl - Notre Dame (9-3)
Holiday Bowl - UNC (8-3)/NCSU (8-3) winner
Duke's Bowl - UNC (8-3)/NCSU (8-3) loser
Sun Bowl - Clemson (7-4)

ReliaQuest (Outback) Bowl - Miami (6-5)/BC (6-5) winner
Pinstripe Bowl - Miami (6-5)/BC (6-5) loser
Pop Tart (Carquest/Camping World) Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-5), or GA Tech (6-5)
Fenway Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (5-6), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)
Military Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-4), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)

Birmingham Bowl - Dook (6-5), VPI (6-4), GA Tech (6-5), or Syracuse (5-6)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I seem to remember that a lot of times it’s how many tickets the school we take and say they can sell.This seem to hurt us in the past.
For as long as I can remember the rap on Tech by bowl officials has been that we don’t travel well. The only thing that has ever outweighed this is if we have a big enough season and play a nationally ranked team and local sports fans turn out because they like to watch football.

I went to the first 7-8 Peach Bowls in a row because I was in the area and used to just like watching football. Crowds were good for those games in the early years because Atlantans wanted to support “their bowl” and people used to see football as good local entertainment. I think finances for bowls are more complicated now.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
At least if we’re competing with Duke BC and Miami travel isn’t a big disadvantage. Miami has TV name value but not sure how well that translates to every bowl.