Boston College

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

UK Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not a weather expert not can I predict what it'll be like in Dublin in 19 days but from what I remember watching the games they've played in the past I remember it raining every time. If that's the case we need to be careful with the mesh and the pitches. Keep the turnovers down I think we win.

I didn't actually rain in 2014, I was there for that Penn State UCF game, but it WAS pretty cold, and very cloudy all day. Rather miserable. Current 16 day forecast has glorious sunshine in Dublin from Aug 22nd till Sept 1st, which you can almost guarantee means it will turn for the worst come game weekend. I'll be packing a raincoat from the UK for sure. Go Tech!!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
BCEagles.com: Focus Shifting to Georgia Tech
Two weeks out from the 2016 opener, the Boston College football team was focused on Georgia Tech when the team took to Shea Field for its second preseason scrimmage on Saturday morning.

The Eagles spent considerable time honing the defense for Georgia Tech's triple-option offense, which they'll face on Sept. 3 when the teams meet at Dublin's Aviva Stadium at 7:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2.

"We're getting ready for Georgia Tech," head coach Steve Addazio said. "We've been working on it all summer. We are running their offense; we have it installed. Really, Myles Willis has been running the show.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I hope BC lines up like ND last year. MLD can line up in the slot and crack inside. My guess is we get the 6-1 shade (4-3) look with a deep MLB.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting considering the new coordinators, but I think they are desperate having failed to win a conference game last year. They must feel they have a great chance to springboard a comeback season with us.

We are going to be a lot better than they feel I think. Adazzio may end up on the chopping block.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting considering the new coordinators, but I think they are desperate having failed to win a conference game last year. They must feel they have a great chance to springboard a comeback season with us.

We are going to be a lot better than they feel I think. Adazzio may end up on the chopping block.
So then we hire Adazzio as our D coordinator?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is the Atomic projection for BC. http://www.atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_1.html

After not winning a single ACC game last year, they aren't favored in any this year. But the last game of the season for them, @Wake has a 47% chance of winning. Overall, BC is looking to go 6-6; to do that they need two ACC wins. Hope one of them isn't against us.

Look at their pathetic OOC games: Mass, Wagner, Buffalo, Conn and all at home. Ouch. We did that and we'd get 1000 people in the stadium.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
So then we hire Adazzio as our D coordinator?

That would be sick, but hard to see it happening.

If we're bad enough to can Roof, I think CPJ would have to do too. He's not so disposable than previous DCs given his Tech and local connections and his sons. Gotta think he's not leaving on his own accord unless it was a pretty big step up.

Personally I think this season is going to be critical for Roof. We got the bodies finally to use guys at their position and keep em fresh. We have the buy-in to install more of the defense. Just lacking in experience on the field. I hope we are more aggressive especially in the secondary and playing a lot more press against the spread.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
With the exception of a school like Bama, who under Saban have always seemed to perform well when he replaces a new OC, playing against GT in an opening game with "two" new coordinators is not going to be an optimal situation.

BC has a very talented defense with some good linebackers returning. But not having played against GT regularly as do others in the ACC will present some significant problems in an opening game. As for their great pass rushing ends, the TO wreaks havoc on that position. Just ask those stud DE's from the Tar Heels the past several seasons how much they enjoyed going up against the Yellow Jackets.

Bet they did not mind winning the last 2. We always seem to be so focused on O stats instead o FC winning.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
BC notebook: Only option is to stop Tech ground game
Tailback Myles Willis was a dual-threat quarterback at the Marist School in Atlanta before coming to BC. Addazio had employed Willis in the role of Yellow Jackets quarterback Justin Thomas in practices leading up to the scrimmage. But Willis missed the scrimmage with an undisclosed minor injury, putting Fadule in the role of Thomas.

“Myles Willis had been running the show and he’s dynamic, but he’s a little dinged up right now,” Addazio said. “We have starters running that offense right now, so we try to make the speed closer to what it’s going to be.”

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Has anybody heard of any other teams using starters to run our O in practice? They have a new OC, you would think their starters would need all the time they can getting their own O down. Even with them using their starters I don't think they can match our speed.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Installed might be a bit of a stretch. Mimicked might be more accurate. Unless they spent their entire camp focusing on teaching our offense, they have not installed it... Or perhaps they decided to surprise us and run our offense.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Installed might be a bit of a stretch. Mimicked might be more accurate. Unless they spent their entire camp focusing on teaching our offense, they have not installed it... Or perhaps they decided to surprise us and run our offense.
I would not be surprised if they don't try and run our offense some time this year as much as they practice it.