Boston College

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Too early for a prediction thread. Not too early to figure out what GT will be dealing with. What do we know about BC?

Boston.com: Boston College football hopes new players spur ACC turnaround after historically bad year
Addazio is aiming to prove that 2015 was an anomaly with a huge group of returners and eager newcomers.

“This team has got a great attitude, a great desire to be good,” he said. “It’s a mix, we’ve got some returning starters, but they were young. .It’ll get better every day.”

Injuries certainly had a role in the Eagles’ struggles. Quarterback Darius Wade was lost in the third game of the season to a broken left ankle, and running back Jon Hilliman’s season ended a week later because of a broken foot.
After having a total of 35 players see their first collegiate action in 2015, continuity should bode well for this group — particularly on the defensive side of the ball. BC returns 17 of its top 21 tacklers from a year ago. The secondary could be the strongest group of them all, led by senior safety John Johnson, as well as junior cornerbacks Kamrin Moore and Issac Yiadom.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Hilliman had offers from all over - Bama, Ohio State, UGA, GT, etc. As a true frosh in 2014 he averaged 4.1 yds/carry with 860 total yards.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
With the exception of a school like Bama, who under Saban have always seemed to perform well when he replaces a new OC, playing against GT in an opening game with "two" new coordinators is not going to be an optimal situation.

BC has a very talented defense with some good linebackers returning. But not having played against GT regularly as do others in the ACC will present some significant problems in an opening game. As for their great pass rushing ends, the TO wreaks havoc on that position. Just ask those stud DE's from the Tar Heels the past several seasons how much they enjoyed going up against the Yellow Jackets.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey, we were so much better than BC last year. We won one ACC game in football and eight in basketball. To win none would have sent most on this board into oblivion. Both our baseball teams won 13 ACC games so there is solace there.

I was worried that this was BCs second trip to Ireland till I saw the last one was in 1988........ but BC won that one!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
They always seem to bring a blue collar toughness and lunch pail mentality to the game. I think we will have too many horses at the skill positions for them to handle though. That being said....if we struggle to make connections in the passing game....it will be a long day.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I see this game going one or two ways: we score a couple of quick TDs on big plays and blow them out, or it is a struggle for most of the game. I hope the first happens.

Last time we played vs Reid (uva 2012), we racked up 56, 14 in first 3 plays.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
BC has one of the best (and underrated) DE's in the nation imo. His name is Harold Landry, will be a junior this year. Had 15.5 TFLs last year in his 1st season as a starter, including 11 tackles and 4.5 TFL against FSU. It will be a great matchup between him and JT. I think some of us are forgetting BC was ranked #1 in the nation last year in Total Defense, and #2 against the run. They only allowed 2.39 YPC all season, extremely impressive.