Blue. Pants.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
We are the only school I have heard of with fans who worry about how easy a color is to match. Do you think Clemson fans worry about what matches with orange or purple? Of course, they don't. They buy and wear stuff in the school colors simply because the stuff is in the school colors.
In fairness, it is literally the case that we are the Yellow Jackets and not the Golden Tornado because old gold is really hard to match and so our fans just showed up in yellow. Jackets, as it were.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
20180717_161448.png

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What’s funny about your comparison to Pitt is they only been wearing Navy Blue and Gold since 97. Blue has always been a part of GT and our uniforms. So so guess Pitt has been trying to look like us.
This "navy blue has always been Tech color" business is just plain wrong. The alternative jerseys back when I started watching Tech football - the early '60s - were black, not navy. And they looked very sharp indeed. I think we started to make the shift when we got into the ACC, largely because Wake used black, gold, and white as their colors. It is true that our main colors have always been white and gold. But I miss the black jerseys and I wish we went back to using them, every now and then. This year in Athens would be a great place to start.

This "navy blue has always been Tech color" business is just plain wrong. The alternative jerseys back when I started watching Tech football - the early '60s - were black, not navy. And they looked very sharp indeed. I think we started to make the shift when we got into the ACC, largely because Wake used black, gold, and white as their colors. It is true that our main colors have always been white and gold. But I miss the black jerseys and I wish we went back to using them, every now and then. This year in Athens would be a great place to start.
I was in school in the early 60s, and I don't remember any dark jersey at all, blue or black. The black jerseys were part of Curry's Black Watch teams. But, again, when I was in school, the trim was always black, not blue. Apparently both Alexander and Dodd periodically used blue jerseys, but I don't think it was often