Blue. Pants.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We never wore dark jerseys for away games. The visiting teams always wore white or light colored jerseys. Tech could wear white jerseys at home because our opponents got to wear their home jerseys in an away game, something they all preferred anyway. Otherwise, we would have had to wear dark jerseys at home, which the NCAA stupidly required us to do from the mid-80s till the early 90s, when they reversed that mandate. The Black Watch jerseys, as well as the occasionally used gold jerseys, were a break from the traditional white home jerseys. I never saw an Alexander team at all, and I never saw any of Dodd's teams wear blue jerseys, but I have read that both did on rare occasion.
Hmmmmmm. Because I specifically remember us wearing black jerseys for some away games. But perhaps, as Whiskey says, I don't remember as well as I should. I'm not up for doing any research on this, however, so I'll stand on the "black jerseys look cool" aspect of the controversy and let the rest be.

Because they do. Look cool, that is.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Of course not and that's part of the annoyance

Gold1, it is kind of confusing from a capitalist standpoint - when gold items are available for GT fans/alum, they are the most popular and sell out very quickly. SO, why would a company like Adidas not want to produce them? I just wonder if gold is much tougher to create and keep consistent, or at least easier for all of us to notice when it is not consistent. Maybe, over time, these apparel companies think that gold will cut into their profit margins? I don't know, but I sure wish we had a gold full zip hoodie from Adidas to purchase. I also wish Adidas had a gold button up collared shirt available. There is so much I would buy if it were available.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
THIS. Gold, especially Old Gold, is very difficult to match on a batch to batch basis. So, gold doesn't look the same.

That is what I thought, but this new Tech Gold is not really "old gold" anyway. It is still much lighter in appearance than true old gold. Notre Dame's pants - they are much closer to old gold.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Blue is not one of our new main colors

We just did a rebrand 50 years in the making that confirmed our main colors

Prior to the re-branding, navy was listed as a tertiary color. It's now prominently featured on our branding website as a secondary color. Navy got a promotion.

http://gtathl.com/

brand-colors.png

Prior to the re-branding, navy was listed as a tertiary color. It's now prominently featured on our branding website as a secondary color. Navy got a promotion.

http://gtathl.com/

brand-colors.png
When there are only 3 choices to be made in anything, then one is primary, one is secondary, and one is tertiary. OR two are equally primary and one is secondary. So really, nothing has changed, and in neither case is the secondary/tertiary color considered and alternate, nor should it be.