Blue. Pants.

And after saying I didn't know curry, and had no idea of what was going on at the time, you still have no response to what else curry allowed on our sideline (although I will give him, Rice , or The Adm. credit for immediately fixing it). But since you know everything that happened, and have the ability to proclaim others knew nothing - please share.

And yes, a lot of old GT men probably did give money thx to curry coming back.

I happen to believe spurrier was then and will always be considered a better coach.

Don't really care what Dodd, or anybody else told him to do, Thankful he left so Rice could hire a real football coach after inheriting curry from Weaver.

Especially in no way could care any less what some numb nuts tv people think.

Don't like the blue pants but don't care. As I have said, if the goal is to make blue a primary color just be honest about it.

As for Dodd, the athletic director, I would consider his leadership a curse. He damn near killed us.
AMEN to all of that.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
how can you agree or disagree with something that is a fact. It's a fact that websites, blogs, and twitter accounts devoted to uniform discussions are extremely popular. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that there is a large segment that do.

Not every fanbase talks about it weekly every single season. Your opinion doesn't equal a fact. So yep, agree to disagree. It's just funny so much time is wasted on uniforms.

People argue on here nonstop about navy/gold, what people should be wearing, helmet angst, etc. it's really not that serious.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Not every fanbase talks about it weekly every single season. Your opinion doesn't equal a fact. So yep, agree to disagree. It's just funny so much time is wasted on uniforms.

People argue on here nonstop about navy/gold, what people should be wearing, helmet angst, etc. it's really not that serious.
neither is football though.

none of this is serious. It's a fandom for a game.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I’m guessing a lot like this
october-6-2018-navy-offensive-linemen-during-the-ncaa-football-game-between-the-navy-midshipmen-and-the-air-force-falcons-at-falcon-stadium-united-states-air-force-academy-colorado-springs-colorado-air-force-defeats-navy-35-7-PT7MEC.jpg
I’m guessing that #68 is a battleship...

crut

Helluva Engineer
Late to the party but...

Look, navy pants can be a good look as an alternate. But our primary branding is so poor out the gate that it appears we are Pitt or even Yale at this point.

As a young alum, I have been thoroughly dissapointed by the use of the new Tech Gold. There are TWO Adidas items that can be bought in gold, compared to over a dozen in white and navy. The team has worn white 5 times and navy once. Gold not at all. Navy pants coming out as a cool new thing before we even get a primary gold jersey figured out.

Yes, navy is a GT color, but its a SECONDARY color. The colors, for both fan apparel and uniforms, should be prioritized accordingly. THAT is how you start to create a streamline, renowned brand. Then you can say... "oh check this new idea out.... Navy pants!" Or "check out some yellow jacket insect themed uniform" or whatever. To me, it's the misrepresentation of the brand that is discouraging.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Late to the party but...

Look, navy pants can be a good look as an alternate. But our primary branding is so poor out the gate that it appears we are Pitt or even Yale at this point.

As a young alum, I have been thoroughly dissapointed by the use of the new Tech Gold. There are TWO Adidas items that can be bought in gold, compared to over a dozen in white and navy. The team has worn white 5 times and navy once. Gold not at all. Navy pants coming out as a cool new thing before we even get a primary gold jersey figured out.

Yes, navy is a GT color, but its a SECONDARY color. The colors, for both fan apparel and uniforms, should be prioritized accordingly. THAT is how you start to create a streamline, renowned brand. Then you can say... "oh check this new idea out.... Navy pants!" Or "check out some yellow jacket insect themed uniform" or whatever. To me, it's the misrepresentation of the brand that is discouraging.

Fwiw, we've worn white jerseys at home and away for years.

Navy has not been an unusual alternate, even before Adidas. I suspect Navy jerseys was a GTAA decision. Navy pants came along for the ride.

Also, fwiw, the Braves were better wearing GT Navy than georgie red.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, we've worn white jerseys at home and away for years.

Navy has not been an unusual alternate, even before Adidas. I suspect Navy jerseys was a GTAA decision. Navy pants came along for the ride.

Also, fwiw, the Braves were better wearing GT Navy than georgie red.

eah I mean obviously I'm aware GT wears white tops all the time. And I'm not complaining about that. It looks good, and it's a primary GT color.

Wearing navy tops ocassionally as an alternate is fine too. But I'm speaking to the brand as a whole here and how its unfolded in the Adidas era.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I mean obviously I'm aware GT wears white tops all the time. And I'm not complaining about that. It looks good, and it's a primary GT color.

Wearing navy tops ocassionally as an alternate is fine too. But I'm speaking to the brand as a whole here.

I'm sympathetic. I just hate any added negativity during a down time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Late to the party but...

The problem is our game day uniform choice has nothing to do with branding. Coach lets the seniors pick the uniforms. I would not be surprised to see blue on blue before we see a gold jersey.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Umm the problem I have is that both teams seem to be wearing close to the same uniform. Tech please make sure you are passing to a tech player. Duke feel free to pass to a tech guy.

Agreed. This is the game we should have worn the blue tops (or gold tops) to differentiate. That gray may look different on the field, but in that graphic, it looks very close to white.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

Umm the problem I have is that both teams seem to be wearing close to the same uniform. Tech please make sure you are passing to a tech player. Duke feel free to pass to a tech guy.

Is that right? Is the Duke grey considered to be a dark color? I thought the rules required one light colored uniform and one dark colored uniform to avoid situations like this? Wonder if Duke is playing mind games to force us to switch uniforms?