Bigfoot, logical fallacies, Sims, Reggie Ball, and Game Prep

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
if you watched the previous two games it is pretty obvious the difference that Sims running ability threat makes
I watched the previous two game. Did you watch this one? Did you see that they had a spy on Sims the entire game? They were prepared for him to run and had a plan to stop it.

There is not a single thing you can share that can prove with complete certainty that Sims would have been able to run all over UVA. Past performance has nothing to do with last night.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I watched the previous two game. Did you watch this one? Did you see that they had a spy on Sims the entire game? They were prepared for him to run and had a plan to stop it.

There is not a single thing you can share that can prove with complete certainty that Sims would have been able to run all over UVA. Past performance has nothing to do with last night.
So you don’t think Pitt and Duke used a spy or schemed to stop Sims?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
So you don’t think Pitt and Duke used a spy or tried to stop Sims?
Duke's spy got kicked out of the game. No, Pitt did not have a spy.

I will say again, for emphasis...

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Weird how down people are on Sims. 'Down' in the sense that they seem to pin all our offensive struggles on him singularly.

Anyway, I couldn't watch live. Kinda followed along under the table at my work function.

Most interesting thing was seeing twitter commentary from random fans, not GT fans, who all seemed to agree last night was a terrible display of football(sic) on both sides.

Many folks admitted to punishing themselves by continuing to watch. Yikes.

JacketFan137

Banned
enough of the anti sims crusade we don’t need that in our future head coach discussion. plenty of other threads to go be a stick in the mud

our next coach better have an offensive philosophy or bring a very capable offensive coordinator. i think that makes more sense from a team building point of view since your offense is always your teams identity.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Duke's spy got kicked out of the game. No, Pitt did not have a spy.
Did you notice Sims doing any read-option keeps while he was in the game last night, or taking off when he had real-estate in front of him? I can’t prove it obviously but I saw him get hurt vs. duke and I don’t think he was anywhere near 100% and I believe the gameplan was to try to preserve him last night.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Did you notice Sims doing any read-option keeps while he was in the game last night, or taking off when he had real-estate in front of him? I can’t prove it obviously but I saw him get hurt vs. duke and I don’t think he was anywhere near 100% and I believe the gameplan was to try to preserve him last night.

Also, I never argued he was not hurt or limited. I am debating your assertion that he would have run all over UVA if he was not. You do not know that for certain. It is conjecture on your part.

JacketFan137

Banned

Also, I never argued he was not hurt or limited. I am debating your assertion that he would have run all over UVA if he was not. You do not know that for certain. It is conjecture on your part.
1. take this to a different thread it’s getting old.

2. this isn’t a masters thesis class dude. we don’t have to provide cited sources to make a statement on a football forum. stop acting high and mighty because you see how bad our qb is. support the team. be a fan

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

It’s football and we are fans, of course it‘s all conjecture. The only data we have are stats- Sims ran for 95 yards vs duke and 81 vs. Pitt. Sims had 1 yard vs uva. If you want to believe that is because uva has a genius coaching staff and a future NFL pro-bowler playing spy on Sims then so be it, I don’t.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
1. take this to a different thread it’s getting old.

2. this isn’t a masters thesis class dude. we don’t have to provide cited sources to make a statement on a football forum. stop acting high and mighty because you see how bad our qb is. support the team. be a fan
Excuse me! I am fan and I do support the team. This rhetoric is not only false but a weak attempt to shut me down by painting me as unworthy of discussion.

Let's be clear her. YOU brought up Sims. Not me. YOU used him as an excuse for that loss. Not me. I am not trying to beat up Sims. But since YOU brought up his name as an excuse, I merely responded that regardless of whether he was hurt or not, that was a horrible showing by our offensive staff and players and I reject that his being hurt prevented us from "walking over UVA." You seem incapable or unwilling to accept that point.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s football and we are fans, of course it‘s all conjecture. The only data we have are stats- Sims ran for 95 yards vs duke and 81 vs. Pitt. Sims had 1 yard vs uva. If you want to believe that is because uva has a genius coaching staff and a future NFL pro-bowler playing spy on Sims then so be it, I don’t.
Let me put this to rest. Regardless if you or I think he would run all over UVA is not the point. Our staff knew he was hurt and unlikely to be able to run, yet we had no offensive game plan to win the game. That is on the coaching staff. If you cannot understand that, so be it.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the "appeal to ignorance" logical fallacy. Of course no one can prove it with complete certainty. That doesn't mean it's not likely true, just that you refuse to believe it.
Just because you and others believe it to be true does not make it likely true. It works both ways.

I will repeat...

Regardless if you or I think he would run all over UVA is not the point. Our staff knew he was hurt and unlikely to be able to run, yet we had no offensive game plan to win the game. That is on the coaching staff.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Just because you and others believe it to be true does not make it likely true. It works both ways.

I will repeat...

Regardless if you or I think he would run all over UVA is not the point. Our staff knew he was hurt and unlikely to be able to run, yet we had no offensive game plan to win the game. That is on the coaching staff.

I was just pointing out the logical fallacy you repeated ad nauseum.

JacketFan137

Banned
Not a great showing for Key in front of new AD. He’d have to win out with exception of UGA to be a serious contender at this point!
yeah i think last night showed the stench of the collins regime is still there. i want key to be successful but i have a hard time seeing him righting this ship and feel like an outside voice would serve us better

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am sorry, but saying that we would have run all over UVA if Sims was not hurt is a logical fallacy. Responding that there is no evidence of this is not a logical fallacy, it is counterpoint to that flawed logic.

This is the logical fallacy you kept repeating: "There is not a single thing you can share that can prove with complete certainty..."

JacketFan137

Banned
I am sorry, but saying that we would have run all over UVA if Sims was not hurt is a logical fallacy. Responding that there is no evidence of this is not a logical fallacy, it is counterpoint to that flawed logic.
what evidence do you have that sims wouldn’t run all over them if he was healthy? he was coming off two great rushing weeks against better teams. say what you want about his passing but denying his rushing ability and acting like he couldn’t have possibly been a contributor with his legs is just a tough argument to make. it seems more to be rooted in your opinion of sims as a player and not the football we have watched recently.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not a great showing for Key in front of new AD. He’d have to win out with exception of UGA to be a serious contender at this point!

Honestly, if we lose this week at FSU and then at uga, but win the rest, we will be 6-6 and you'd have to think he'd be in contention at that point. My preference is still a completely new regime, but I'd entertain Key if he gets us to a bowl.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the logical fallacy you kept repeating: "There is not a single thing you can share that can prove with complete certainty..."
Saying that we would have run all over UVA if Sims was not hurt is a logical fallacy. It is the fallacy of a single cause as well as the fallacy of slothful induction. Pointing that there is no evidence to prove such a point is not a logical fallacy. It is a counterpoint to the original flawed logical statement. You cannot make a logically flawed statement and then complain that the other person requiring you to prove such a statement is a logical fallacy. That is also a logical fallacy of logical fallacies.