Better recruiting

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Gaily = zero mutt wins, zero ACC Champions (including a loss to Weak Florist in title game by not throwing to your All-Planet wr), zero Orange Bowl appearances/wins

I’ll take CPJ every time over that

Gailey faced ONE Georgia team that wasn't top 10 and ZERO that were unranked. Johnson has faced SEVEN Georgia teams that weren't top 10 and FIVE that were unranked.

Johnson is 1-4 against unranked Georgia teams. No coach since Dodd has had the luxury of facing that many unranked Georgia teams and CPJ has absolutely blown it.

I'm no Gailey fan, but I don't think it is unreasonable to believe he'd have a better record against UGA if he faced the quality of UGA teams Johnson has faced.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Gailey faced ONE Georgia team that wasn't top 10 and ZERO that were unranked. Johnson has faced SEVEN Georgia teams that weren't top 10 and FIVE that were unranked.

Johnson is 1-4 against unranked Georgia teams. No coach since Dodd has had the luxury of facing that many unranked Georgia teams and CPJ has absolutely blown it.

I'm no Gailey fan, but I don't think it is unreasonable to believe he'd have a better record against UGA if he faced the quality of UGA teams Johnson has faced.
The 2006 UGA team wasn’t ranked when we played them and wouldn’t have finished ranked had we beaten them. They also lost to Vandy and Kentucky yet beat the best team Gailey had in his time at GT. If Gailey couldn’t win that game, I’m not sure why you think he would have won other games against them. There is really nothing that points to that conclusion.

The 2006 UGA team wasn’t ranked when we played them and wouldn’t have finished ranked had we beaten them. They also lost to Vandy and Kentucky yet beat the best team Gailey had in his time at GT. If Gailey couldn’t win that game, I’m not sure why you think he would have won other games against them. There is really nothing that points to that conclusion.
Two words define the Gomer era "Reggie fing Ball." That is all that needs to be said.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Gaily = zero mutt wins, zero ACC Champions (including a loss to Weak Florist in title game by not throwing to your All-Planet wr), zero Orange Bowl appearances/wins

I’ll take CPJ every time over that

I'll take neither.

Gailey was a decent head coach who thought he was a good offensive coach at the P5 level, but he wasn't.

Johnson is a good offensive coordinator who thinks he knows how to be a P5 head coach, but he doesn't.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Do you think 5% of our players get into Tech as regular students? Maybe 1% could.

5% couldn’t get into UGA either.

The last average two-part SAT for our team I’ve seen is 1062. That’s not even getting you into Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, etc as a regular student.
He didn’t ask about us. UGAG s SAT for regular students was near 1200 and Techs about 1350 at one time.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

They also beat #5 Auburn and #14 Virginia Tech and won 9 games. That team was better than at least 4 UGA teams CPJ lost to.