Ben Lammers

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I kept thinking "What GT athlete does Ben remind me of?!"

Something about his demeanor and the way he carries himself. Never gets too high or too low, just focuses, plays hard on each possession, and leaves it all out on the floor for his teammates. No matter what happens, he's got the same expression. Then it hit me:

joshnesbittemotionchart.jpg

Yup...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Something about his demeanor and the way he carries himself. Never gets too high or too low, just focuses, plays hard on each possession, and leaves it all out on the floor for his teammates. No matter what happens, he's got the same expression. Then it hit me:

View attachment 2151

Yup...

At the beginning of the year I would have said Alvin Jones (talent/game wise) but his offense is way more advanced than Alvin ever was. Doesn't quite have the range Collier did.

Ben may be my favorite Tech player since BJ. He will just outwork you. Sets good screens, crashes the glass. Watch the kid track when someone attempts the dribble drive. Like a cheetah stalking a gazelle.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually he plays just like Miller. I think Ben is a bit better though.

I think Miller had better post moves, but I think Ben plays harder than Miller did (and any other player in recent memory for that matter, except for maybe MGH). Either way, both players showed tremendous improvement throughout their time at Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think Miller had better post moves, but I think Ben plays harder than Miller did (and any other player in recent memory for that matter, except for maybe MGH). Either way, both players showed tremendous improvement throughout their time at Tech.

When Ben gets that 15-17 ft jumper I am more confident it's going in. Big Dan could certainly hit it (esp his senior season) but I am a bit more confident in Ben. Back to the basket I agree Dan was a bit better (much more comfortable I think)

Not sure Miller could have handled this workload though either. Both players were (are) great as upper classmen though. I'm not trying to diminish what Dan was when he finished up.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

View attachment 2151

Yup...

Warrior. Would carry the team or "die" trying. My favorite GT QB under CPJ.

Rhetorical question, "Would Lammers have progressed as much if Gregory were still the HC?"

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Lammers isn't close to being a first round pick much less a lottery pick.

NBA drafts largely on youth and upside.
Ben is not super athletic. He is older so he is seen as having less time to develop. He will be lucky to get drafted at all after his SR year. More likely he will get invited to training camps and make a team as an unsigned free agent.
I think Ben does have alot of upside. Hes quick, can shoot, got good post moves, good passer, good defender. Some of his post moves where he spins he gets a ton of seperation going into the fadeaway...a rlly pretty shot just needs to keep working on it. But if he keeps improving like he has been....dont wana put a ceiling on him

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
He is kinda like Muscala. Big dorky looking white guy, and when people see him come out the tunnel they think he has no game. Like Moose he does not have much body mass. The biggest difference between them is Lammers can get boards, and Muscala can shoot from 3. I can see Ben go the European route for 2 years, continue to get bigger and expand his J, then move over to the NBA as a solid role player.
**Muscala thinks he can shoot 3's

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
When Ben gets that 15-17 ft jumper I am more confident it's going in. Big Dan could certainly hit it (esp his senior season) but I am a bit more confident in Ben. Back to the basket I agree Dan was a bit better (much more comfortable I think)

Not sure Miller could have handled this workload though either. Both players were (are) great as upper classmen though. I'm not trying to diminish what Dan was when he finished up.
Disagree, Ben has better post moves, and deffinetly finishes better after the move.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Disagree, Ben has better post moves, and deffinetly finishes better after the move.

Ben has a better jump shot than did Miller, but at this point in Ben's career, his back to the basket game is not as polished as Miller. Miller's jump hook was one of the better ones at Tech in recent memory. Nearly unstoppable he got the defender to within 5 ft of the basket.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Ben has a better jump shot than did Miller, but at this point in Ben's career, his back to the basket game is not as polished as Miller. Miller's jump hook was one of the better ones at Tech in recent memory. Nearly unstoppable he got the defender to within 5 ft of the basket.

Agreed. Bens actual back to the basket game is not where DM was. We dont actually get to see it very often anyways. He gets alot of baskets off of dump offs, foul line jumpers offensive rebounds (4 pg) and FTs (just under 4 pg which also shows he doesnt work on the block alot). Very rarely are we feeding him the rock on the block and he looks to score mostly because teams are packing it in on him.