Bebe arrested ...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One thing I wonder here is if the assault charge was added on at the request of the injured passenger. Is it possible they’re pissed off (pure speculation, but maybe they were telling him to slow down and he ignored them) and asked to file charges?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Now you are putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said a college degree was worthless, but it’s probably worthless to someone who has accumulated enough money to take care of the next generation of his.

My comment is exactly in lockstep with CGC. Tech will prepare and set you up the next 40yrs of your life whether that’s in the workforce or playing on Sundays. Hey WR? Come to Tech and I can setup you to get $70mil if decide not to graduate, don’t believe me look at BayBay. He was only a 3* and accomplished that. Yeah, that is a real detriment to recruiting ( insert Animal02 eyeroll)

I didn’t say that either. I said Colorado cases are different than the rest of the US. This careless or reckless driving in most states. A misdemeanor with a fine. That’s just stating facts not absolving of wrongdoing
I dont disagree. Just didnt like the suggestion that one mistake means he has a big problem in his life overall. Or the idea that it has anything to do with not graduating.
Dang I never said such. Talk about fighting windmills.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Dang I never said such. Talk about fighting windmills.

Lolwut. You literally said he must be having a hard time dealing with being out of the league, needs to get his act together and went out of your way to point out he doesn't have his degree. I don't want to argue but I can't imagine any other way to interpret that. But if you meant something different, fair enough.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Happy that he's alive. Rolled my Jeep Cherokee almost 13 years ago on the highway at 70 mph (65 mph speed limit) and had C6 and T3 spinal fractures that required surgery. I consider myself lucky to be alive and walking with no side effects (yet). And I was wearing my seatbelt. If not, I probably wouldn't be here today.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Lolwut. You literally said he must be having a hard time dealing with being out of the league, needs to get his act together and went out of your way to point out he doesn't have his degree. I don't want to argue but I can't imagine any other way to interpret that. But if you meant something different, fair enough.
Yeah all that’s not the same as saying he has a big problem in life overall. And pointing out his lack of a degree is just to say that without it, it’ll be harder moving forward if he is actually out of football. He can still get it if he wants he only has a year of studies left I imagine.

I realize it is a single mistake, but it seems to me a lot of guys on here are minimizing it, almost excusing it. I think it’s a little bit bigger deal than that.

Milwaukee

Banned
The more I read this thread I just keep picturing Cheese's avatar pasted over Christian Ponder's body.

Sed.jpg

gthxxxx

Jolly Good Fellow
I said Colorado cases are different than the rest of the US. This careless or reckless driving in most states. A misdemeanor with a fine. That’s just stating facts not absolving of wrongdoing
Not trying to pile on or anything, but reckless driving in the admittedly few states I'm aware of (Colorado is not one of them) is very serious and unless it's pleaded down (defendants will definitely want a lawyer), it usually results in jail time in addition to fines plus suspension of license, and that's not even taking into account that there was an accident and injuries in this particular case. If you're curious, I found the following wiki link about the penalties amongst different states [1].

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reckless_driving#Penalties_By_State

Animal02

Banned
Not trying to pile on or anything, but reckless driving in the admittedly few states I'm aware of (Colorado is not one of them) is very serious and unless it's pleaded down (defendants will definitely want a lawyer), it usually results in jail time in addition to fines plus suspension of license, and that's not even taking into account that there was an accident and injuries in this particular case. If you're curious, I found the following wiki link about the penalties amongst different states [1].

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reckless_driving#Penalties_By_State
It is not the reckless driving, the vehicle assault charge is over the top.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The offseason - when hollow meaningless articles are agued about. Ever heard of a speed trap? There are poor parts of Alabama that go from 60 to 35 in the blink of an eye. Sounds like he was exiting the interstate or something and who knows if he was actually clocked at 70... this is dumb. The guy had a wreck, glad he's okay. Y'all will argue about the weirdest stuff and try to make it a big deal.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The offseason - when hollow meaningless articles are agued about. Ever heard of a speed trap? There are poor parts of Alabama that go from 60 to 35 in the blink of an eye. Sounds like he was exiting the interstate or something and who knows if he was actually clocked at 70... this is dumb. The guy had a wreck, glad he's okay. Y'all will argue about the weirdest stuff and try to make it a big deal.
The fact he wrecked justifies the dramatic change in speed limit, highly doubt it was some sort of intentional speed trap.

If this was an exit ramp to the interstate, then the possibility arises that he may have decided to exit late and lost control. I know I have decided to take an exit at the last second and so has many others. I'm hoping this was the scenario that played out. It's all speculation as we do not know all the facts. Highway safety is not dumb, however. I highly doubt the injured parties think so.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for sharing, but I wanted to clarify. The quote you shared implies that CO Vehicular Assault is necessarily involving DUI. That is not the case, there is a lesser felony (also Vehicular Assault not involving substance):

Vehicular Assault – Class 5 Felony: The defendant unlawfully drove or operated a motor vehicle in Colorado in a reckless manner, and the conduct was the proximate cause of serious bodily injury to the alleged victim, in violation of 18-1-305(1)(a), C.R.S.​

Based on the other info reported on the case, this appears to be Bay-Bay's charge. Not defending his actions, but don't want speculation or innuendo to convict him of something in the court of opinion more than he is guilty of in reality.

Animal02

Banned
The fact he wrecked justifies the dramatic change in speed limit, highly doubt it was some sort of intentional speed trap.

If this was an exit ramp to the interstate, then the possibility arises that he may have decided to exit late and lost control. I know I have decided to take an exit at the last second and so has many others. I'm hoping this was the scenario that played out. It's all speculation as we do not know all the facts. Highway safety is not dumb, however. I highly doubt the injured parties think so.
Looking at Google Earth, the Parkway exits from the freeway, and it is a divided road......however, where the wreck happened is 3/4 of a mile from the freeway exit where the parkway makes a bend. Just speculation, he was going fast on the freeway, exited onto the parkway 12:30am there was likely no traffic so it was easy to continue driving fast on a multi lane divided road.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for sharing, but I wanted to clarify. The quote you shared implies that CO Vehicular Assault is necessarily involving DUI. That is not the case, there is a lesser felony (also Vehicular Assault not involving substance):

Vehicular Assault – Class 5 Felony: The defendant unlawfully drove or operated a motor vehicle in Colorado in a reckless manner, and the conduct was the proximate cause of serious bodily injury to the alleged victim, in violation of 18-1-305(1)(a), C.R.S.​

Based on the other info reported on the case, this appears to be Bay-Bay's charge. Not defending his actions, but don't want speculation or innuendo to convict him of something in the court of opinion more than he is guilty of in reality.
I wasn't trying to imply DUI even though most of link refers to DUI. I read first paragraph as DUI or reckless driving with either resulting in serious bodily injury. Sorry if it came across as implying DUI.
This law makes it a felony for a driver to operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or in a reckless manner and cause serious bodily injury to another.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What kind of vehicle - got rid of my jeep Cherokee- unstable.

How do we know the speed when crash started? I had a ticket where the cop lied about the speed. Used basic algebra to prove it. How the heck do u have an accurate speed just before crash.?

Before we get to motive or intrinsic personal deficiencies like low grade in calculus class we need lots of physical facts. Driving a car that turns over is a pretty damning fact but let's associated facts come out. Could be better and could be a lot worse.