Bebe arrested ...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Unsigned free agent late stage veteran with a major injury equals out of the league in my book even if only temporarily.

Frankly, I’m shocked you think a college degree is worthless to a professional athlete no matter how much they made. At some point they’re playing days are done and need something to do.

Your comment does a world of good for our recruiting efforts. Especially coming from a former player. Smh.

Getting back to his behavior, it almost sounds like you think he did nothing wrong?

He messed up, but your level of condescension is way out of proportion. This is a dude whose mom was sent away for 15 years for dealing crack when he was a kid. He made something great of himself and has never been in significant trouble before. He is a GT success story and you want to throw him under the bus...for speeding? For not coming back and taking classes in his free time when he is a multi millionaire?

I got news for ya. Plenty of doctors and lawyers speed in their expensive cars, not to mention DUIs. He will pay for his mistake and move on with his life. Why pile on?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
He messed up, but your level of condescension is way out of proportion. This is a dude whose mom was sent away for 15 years for dealing crack when he was a kid. He made something great of himself and has never been in significant trouble before. He is a GT success story and you want to throw him under the bus...for speeding? For not coming back and taking classes in his free time when he is a multi millionaire?

I got news for ya. Plenty of doctors and lawyers speed in their expensive cars, not to mention DUIs. He will pay for his mistake and move on with his life. Why pile on?

Correction: His mom got sent away for not snitching on her momma, but continue

Animal02

Banned
I’ll side with the league on who’s in and out of the league.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said a college degree was worthless, but it’s probably worthless to someone who has accumulated enough money to take care of the next generation of his.

My comment is exactly in lockstep with CGC. Tech will prepare and set you up the next 40yrs of your life whether that’s in the workforce or playing on Sundays. Hey WR? Come to Tech and I can setup you to get $70mil if decide not to graduate, don’t believe me look at BayBay. He was only a 3* and accomplished that. Yeah, that is a real detriment to recruiting ( insert Animal02 eyeroll)

I didn’t say that either. I said Colorado cases are different than the rest of the US. This careless or reckless driving in most states. A misdemeanor with a fine. That’s just stating facts not absolving of wrongdoing
Hey...throw in the @ if you are calling me out. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I completely agree with you on all points.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I’m familiar with his story and not sure how I’m piling on. He can still complete his degree.

Btw, I know people speed, but his resulted in a flipped car and severely injured person. That’s a little different and not a good thing. But I guess pointing that out is throwing him under the bus.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I guess ultimately, we just want good things for our beloved former player, and we should all show grace in times like this, realizing that we are all capable of bad choices and bad consequences from those choices.

I hate that he is in this situation, and yes, his poor choices most likely caused his situation (if he was going 70 in a 35 with traffic), but I still hate it for him, and I pray those injured recover fully. I hope that Thomas learns from this experience, and that he uses this for a positive going forward.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Exactly. One of my favorite quotes is "Don't mistake a lack of failure for success". You can control that vehicle right up until the second you can't.

Oh I'm stealing that one.

And I agree totally. A poorly-timed sneeze and I probably would've wrapped myself around and through some pole or something.

So dumb. :(

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hey...throw in the @ if you are calling me out. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I completely agree with you on all points.

IdioticVillainousEquine-size_restricted.gif

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

It was a good deal worse than simple speeding. He is very lucky as is.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Agree other than the excessive charge. You don’t have be under the influence to endanger others lives with wreckless behavior.

It wasn’t wreck-less, because otherwise we wouldn’t be talking about it. Definitely reckless though.
Sorry, just trying to bring some levity to a tough situation.