Bebe arrested ...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Immature high school BS. He’s lucky nobody died or he’d be charged with vehicular homicide. Sounds like he was having trouble dealing with being out of the league. Happens to a lot of former players. I don’t think he has his degree, either, which is typical of factory players but not Tech ones. Hope he gets his act together, he was one of my favorites at GT.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Immature high school BS. He’s lucky nobody died or he’d be charged with vehicular homicide. Sounds like he was having trouble dealing with being out of the league. Happens to a lot of former players. I don’t think he has his degree, either, which is typical of factory players but not Tech ones. Hope he gets his act together, he was one of my favorites at GT.

Stretch Armstrong level reach

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Stretch Armstrong level reach
I assume you mean my speculation on his hard time dealing with being out of the league. Yeah, it's a reach, but it makes sense. It's still a huge lack of judgement, one we're not used to seeing. Maybe he's a habitual wreckless driver and never got caught, who knows?

Btw, the rest of my post stands: is he not lucky nobody died in the wreck? Doesn't he lack a college degree, he left school early did he not? Don't many factory NFL players, especially early draftees, lack a college degree? Don't most GT players get their degree? (at least in the CPJ era, moving forward, who the f*** knows) Don't many former players struggle emotionally when they're playing days are done, especially when they're forced out by injury while still young?

One thing I'm sure about, he was one of my favorites while at GT and I hope he gets his act together.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well, one he’s not “out of the league” he’s a free agent and recovering from injury. Are we really bringing up a Tech degree after earning $71mil? Cmon man. You sound beyond silly

This is a Colorado thing more than anything. To be charged with a felony even though you were not under the influence is a bit excessive

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, one he’s not “out of the league” he’s a free agent and recovering from injury. Are we really bringing up a Tech degree after earning $71mil? Cmon man. You sound beyond silly

This is a Colorado thing more than anything. To be charged with a felony even though you were not under the influence is a bit excessive

Agree other than the excessive charge. You don’t have be under the influence to endanger others lives with wreckless behavior.

Deleted member 2897

49 other states this would be considered a misdemeanor

Oh well, and womp womp. I mean, I'm not trying to belittle you or this comment, despite what it may seem, but the law is the law. If I think about where around me there are 30mph speed limits, its highly residential places only. I know of no major roads that have speed limits like that. Then I imagine someone driving 70mph on one of those roads, and you're damned right I would throw the book at him. If I were a prosecutor, I may let him plead it all the way down or even throw it out depending on his level of remorse and other extenuating circumstances, but 70mph in a 30mph is a BFD.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Article also states one of his two passengers was seriously injured. Beyond bad.

I truly hope he learns a vital lesson from all of this.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It does sound like he was lucky in several ways.

Perhaps if he had his degree (which IDK if he doesnt) this would not have happened?

Since he played a good part of his GT career under CPJ, maybe (IF he doesn't have his degree) he would have it if he had played for CGC instead?

Who the **** knows?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt that. If someone drives 70 through my neighborhood and flips his vehicle, I hope they throw the book at him.

Well, driving over 70 mph — twice the posted speed limit — in downtown Denver is a seriously stupid thing to do. And without proof of insurance, to boot.

The road where the accident happened is a 6 lane divided highway that exits directly off I-25. Not a neighborhood street, not "downtown". The speed limit is what it is. But let's not make straw men to attack.

The "without proof of insurance" is a typical BS add-on charge. Means he has insurance, otherwise he'd have been charged with "driving without insurance". He just couldn't produce his card when the officer asked. (Which given the severity of the accident raises different possibilities.) Under the letter of the law you're supposed to have a card in your car and on your person when you're driving. But almost no one does. In GA now, insurance cards are no longer accepted at all. Your policy has to be in the state Database.

No intoxication involved, most likely will plead down to a lesser charge with fines, community outreach (go talk at HSs), and DUI class...

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
When guys are young, it is pretty normal to participate in risky, dangerous behavior, especially when guys are grouped together and drinking.

When men grow up, they mature and see the folly of their ways. They are usually thankful that their youthful behavior did not hurt or kill anyone.

Whatever the reason for BeBe's errors here, it is a sad situation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Perhaps if he had his degree (which IDK if he doesnt) this would not have happened?

Can we stop making this connection?

I have a GT degree and have done some dumb stuff in my younger days. Hitting 125 mph on I-20 being one of them. Only reason why what happened to him didn't happen to me was either pure luck or was the grace of God himself.

Some of the dumbest, most evil things in history have been done by men with degrees. It's not the end-all, be-all.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a GT degree and have done some dumb stuff in my younger days. Hitting 125 mph on I-20 being one of them. Only reason why what happened to him didn't happen to me was either pure luck or was the grace of God himself.

Exactly. One of my favorite quotes is "Don't mistake a lack of failure for success". You can control that vehicle right up until the second you can't.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It does sound like he was lucky in several ways.

Since he played a good part of his GT career under CPJ, maybe (IF he doesn't have his degree) he would have it if he had played for CGC instead?

Who the **** knows?

........:confused:.....(n)......:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:......(y)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Unsigned free agent late stage veteran with a major injury equals out of the league in my book even if only temporarily.

Frankly, I’m shocked you think a college degree is worthless to a professional athlete no matter how much they made. At some point they’re playing days are done and need something to do.

Your comment does a world of good for our recruiting efforts. Especially coming from a former player. Smh.

Getting back to his behavior, it almost sounds like you think he did nothing wrong?

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm still shaking my head at a thread title that misspells Bay Bay.

Also, I'm not saying it's the case one way or the other, but I'm not sure how far we can push "not under the influence" in Colorado. I do think rush to judge or defend isn't needed. I think we can all agree that he's extremely fortunate that no one was more severely hurt.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Unsigned free agent late stage veteran with a major injury equals out of the league in my book.

Frankly, I’m shocked you think a college degree is worthless to a professional athlete no matter how much they made. At some point they’re playing days are done and need something to do.

Your comment does a world of good for our recruiting efforts. Especially coming from a former player. Smh.

Getting back to his behavior, it almost sounds like you think he did nothing wrong?

I’ll side with the league on who’s in and out of the league.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said a college degree was worthless, but it’s probably worthless to someone who has accumulated enough money to take care of the next generation of his.

My comment is exactly in lockstep with CGC. Tech will prepare and set you up the next 40yrs of your life whether that’s in the workforce or playing on Sundays. Hey WR? Come to Tech and I can setup you to get $70mil if decide not to graduate, don’t believe me look at BayBay. He was only a 3* and accomplished that. Yeah, that is a real detriment to recruiting ( insert Animal02 eyeroll)

I didn’t say that either. I said Colorado cases are different than the rest of the US. This careless or reckless driving in most states. A misdemeanor with a fine. That’s just stating facts not absolving of wrongdoing