Beating UGA "Out of Reach"

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What happens if ND goes 11-1 this season? Which two conference champions would be "out"?

Let there be a season where there are five undefeated P5 champions.

Wait until some super-star gets a career ending injury because a coach is running up the score in garbage time so his team wins "better".

May personal favorite 2015 doomsday scenario:
13-0 GT
12-0 TCU
11-1 ND
11-2 Bama
11-2 tOSU
11-2 USCw

I'd pay good money to be in the room with the SEleCtion Committee when they are choosing four of those six! :devil::jawdrop::ROFLMAO:
ND makes NE Stinger's point. It has the greatest PR machine in college sports, led by a major TV network. If it is 8-3 we all know it will be in the mix.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All FBS conference champions have a seat at the table. ALL other teams left out. Play in games to get to 8. Done. Rankings seed the brackets.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The problem I have with the SEC bias is that it's not the conference that was overly successful, but rather mainly two teams: Florida and Alabama. Let's look at the seven national championships:..........
.............But here's the good news. If we keep doing it, eventually the media will take notice.

I think Southern football is, on average, the best in the country. Looking at conference power rankings throughout 1900's to now (each year at bottom of the yearly pages at http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cfindex.htm ), you'll usually see the SEC (or SWC when they existed) as the best conference. Not just best team, but best overall conference.

Look at the ACC - best teams are southern teams: FSU, Clemson, GT, VT, Miami as opposed to BC or MD. The Northern, midwestern and pac conferences just haven't been as good overall on a consistent basis. Thus their brand isn't as good.

Agree, all the ACC has to do is keep beating the SEC and the computer algorithms will come over to the ACC.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I worry less about the mutts than FSU, Clem, ND, and VT this year. About around Pitt level. Good and capable of beating us, but not likely without big breaks or a down game by us ;D