Beating UGA "Out of Reach"

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Georgia Tech players, fans, and friends... I present to you Brock Huard. Brock has graciously volunteered his neck and is willing to be this year's poster boy for fan outrage and locker room motivation. Let's all thank him for his time and effort.

11.28 vs. Georgia: 36.6%*

*BROCK HUARD, ESPN analyst: The option demands tremendous confidence, trust and timing, and coach Paul Johnson's new starters will climb a steep learning curve this year. In a rivalry game (especially this one), anything is possible, but this game feels out of reach for the Jackets.

ESPN 2015 season preview: No. 20 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
yeah thanks Brock...but generally in the past he has been good an gracious to our program...vs a guy like Pollack etc.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
great input (not] Tech players have more to worry about for now than that game, however, if UGA is unable to utilize the slighted referees like in 2014, I figure GT will slaughter them, can't measure heart.

And oh by the way, Justin Thomas for Heisman.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
th

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how much of a chance he gave us last year before the season started. Im going to guess even less than 36%.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We're good enough that no game is out of reach for us. Looks like it'll be another year where maybe by January people will recognize how good we were.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Please explain where, other than RB, does UGA not have question marks? We have the gold standard at QB for our offense which according to most analysts is plug-and-play at the other skill positions. If he wants to argue that we just always suck against them, I'll give him that. Even if we were 11-0 and they were 0-11 going into that game I'd give them a chance, but going into this year... Preseason??? 50% would make sense, anything else is just SEC love

thwgjacket

If any SEC team finished 11-3 with 3 wins over top 15 teams in their last 4 games they would be ranked in the top 5. Top 10 if they had less than 7 total returning starters. UGA brings back less than half their D, doesn't know who their QB is, and Chubb who had about 10 yards rushing in the 2nd half vs. us. But yea, certainly out of reach as of August 11th.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech players, fans, and friends... I present to you Brock Huard. Brock has graciously volunteered his neck and is willing to be this year's poster boy for fan outrage and locker room motivation. Let's all thank him for his time and effort.

*BROCK HUARD, ESPN analyst: The option demands tremendous confidence, trust and timing, and coach Paul Johnson's new starters will climb a steep learning curve this year. In a rivalry game (especially this one), anything is possible, but this game feels out of reach for the Jackets.

Yeah this makes no sense when you look at last year's teams, what was lost off those teams, what is coming back, and then factor in it's a home game for us. Plus the fact that it's game 12, when rookies are no longer rookies, and his logic is completely invalidated. Thanks, Brock, for the bulletin board material.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Too many former players as analyst. Give me some former coaches who have been through the fire. I want to know what they think. Are there any out there?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Don't watch those guys though I know the name of course. I may be mistaken, but I believe Georgia is still last on the GT schedule this fall, and those new starters are toward the end of the learning curve. Say that about the the third game and it has some legs, but Nov. 28? Nah. They no longer are new starters. And as usual, some of that stuff is kind of background noise. The real litmus is the blocking.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Didn't take long for Synjyn to get the hang of B back (though Laskey got the bulk of the carries in the Georgia game and Days already had a fair grasp of the offense as a whole), and by the time we get the Mutts, that's a full season for Skov, Allen and whatever freshman steps up. Oh, and we didn't have Snoddy for the whole game nor Smelter for the second half. I'm as worried about how in sync we'll be for Georgia as I am right guard.