BC Predictions

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
BC 42 - GT 0

I thought we had a good chance... But, after reading this I realize the triple option just won't be able to compensate for Tech's "lower level of talent". Tech's fullback, "Marcus Mitchell", just isn't going to be able to get going against BC's "ferocious" front seven. It's nice Tech has JJ Green and Dedrick Mills back, but they might be rusty after the NCAA made them sit out a year. On D, Tech's "inexperienced secondary will have precious little help". Look for their stud quarterback(s) to pick Tech apart. (Has BC picked a QB yet?)

TIC!! - (In the real world: GT 24 - BC 17. Not as close as the score. Tech gets an INT early and has a long TD in the passing game. BC gets points off a Tech fumble.)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Winning is good, but either BC is very, very fast or we are very slow. They beat us to the edge all day and the option had no chance between that and another very athletic MLB. Mills showed something with the ball on occasion, particularly at the end, but he can't block and did the unpardonable: dropped the ball. Moreover I personally think Thomas has lost some quickness and doesn't fool people outside any more. He jukes but they stay locked on him. But okay, one game, one win. Now, one more game next week.

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
Well not to break my arm patting myself on the back, but I called this one.
I had said all along that it would be very close, because BC was very tough against the run. We had a fantastic gutsy drive to win it. I am sooo relieved !
It seemed many of us thought we could move the ball on them at will. Have you been paying attention at all ? Their defense was, and still is very stout ! Justin Thomas is the man ! He put the team on his back and willed them to that win. Now I can relax a little and watch the Badgers tangle with LSU. Good win and THWG !

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Winning is good, but either BC is very, very fast or we are very slow. They beat us to the edge all day and the option had no chance between that and another very athletic MLB. Mills showed something with the ball on occasion, particularly at the end, but he can't block and did the unpardonable: dropped the ball. Moreover I personally think Thomas has lost some quickness and doesn't fool people outside any more. He jukes but they stay locked on him. But okay, one game, one win. Now, one more game next week.
Boston college is really really fast, but besides that the weather hurt us on O more than them on D they were able to pin their ears back and go, we have to have really good footwork in our offense. Also I didn't see JT lose much, a lot of his moves were when he was like a yard away instead of making his moves 3 yards away, which makes a huge difference, plus the fields were slippery.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Well not to break my arm patting myself on the back, but I called this one.
I had said all along that it would be very close, because BC was very tough against the run. We had a fantastic gutsy drive to win it. I am sooo relieved !
It seemed many of us thought we could move the ball on them at will. Have you been paying attention at all ? Their defense was, and still is very stout ! Justin Thomas is the man ! He put the team on his back and willed them to that win. Now I can relax a little and watch the Badgers tangle with LSU. Good win and THWG !

its called a reality check, notice the % of folks picking Tech and many by big margins--also apparently we need to airdry the field before every game