BC Predictions

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Boston College's defense was fantastic last year. They've had time to prepare against the option and they are a good run defense. I think we will have trouble scoring against them. More than anything else we need to take care of the ball and make sure we limit negative plays.

Boston College's offense was horrid, . Loeffler is back and he's traditionally been a bad OC, but his one recent success came with Adazzio while they were at Temple. Given that Tech's defense was bad against the run, I expect them to try and pound the ball to keep away from our offense. They have some explosiveness at the receiver position and may try to hit some play action against our inexperienced secondary. We heard a lot of complaints in the preseason that Tech got "dinked and dunked" last year, I don't expect BC to do this.

Keys to the game: Protect the ball on offense, do your job, and limit the negative plays. If the talent is back, the explosiveness should return and so should the points. On defense, stop the run, make BC one-dimensional, and let's see if we found a pass rush over the offseason.

I think the score is close in the first half. 10-7 going into halftime. The return of the second half death march is back and two big second half drives puts the game away. If we turn the ball over early or if BC has success on the ground, this one could get away.

24-10 Georgia Tech.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm going a little higher on the points allowed b/c I think there will be some miscommunication somewhere in the secondary, with new faces starting. Also, until we show a pass rush, I'm not going to assume it will be there. I'm hopeful, though.

I think we get back on track offensively, to put it mildly.

38-23

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
BC allowed on average 1.19 pts/drive vs pwr 5 opponents. Only Clemson 2.8 pts/drive scored more than 1.54 pts/drive (ND, Syr). That's crazy good, and CU was an outlier in getting their average off ppd vs them. If we think of an 11 drive game, they held most pwr5 offenses to less than 17 pts.

By all accounts, we should expect our offense to be back in form this year, but it will be interesting to see what happens (irresistible force meets immovable object). The more psyched I get about our O getting back in form, the more grounded I get by their reasonable expectations on D.

What the heck, GT 28 BC 21.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
What say you? GT is a 3-pt favorite, so basically a coin flip.
A contrarian opinion. We could lose this game. If BC was smart, they would just line up behind that big line and play power football. I can see that happening just as it has with UGA countless times. I am not sold on the defense being any better than recent editions but we will see. My pick: GT 21 - 17 Unlike some, I believe a wet field will favor a power running team that is patient. I am just not sold on BC being any better on offense than they were last year. We really need to get ahead first in this game and break some big plays.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Boston College's defense was fantastic last year. They've had time to prepare against the option and they are a good run defense. I think we will have trouble scoring against them. More than anything else we need to take care of the ball and make sure we limit negative plays.

Boston College's offense was horrid, . Loeffler is back and he's traditionally been a bad OC, but his one recent success came with Adazzio while they were at Temple. Given that Tech's defense was bad against the run, I expect them to try and pound the ball to keep away from our offense. They have some explosiveness at the receiver position and may try to hit some play action against our inexperienced secondary. We heard a lot of complaints in the preseason that Tech got "dinked and dunked" last year, I don't expect BC to do this.

Keys to the game: Protect the ball on offense, do your job, and limit the negative plays. If the talent is back, the explosiveness should return and so should the points. On defense, stop the run, make BC one-dimensional, and let's see if we found a pass rush over the offseason.

I think the score is close in the first half. 10-7 going into halftime. The return of the second half death march is back and two big second half drives puts the game away. If we turn the ball over early or if BC has success on the ground, this one could get away.

24-10 Georgia Tech.

For the life of me, why do head coaches keep hiring this guy? Loeffler, I mean. Has he ever been a great success or is he just that impressive in the interview? It seems like he is not effective anywhere but he keeps popping up.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
A lot to a little (38-16?) good guys. I also have a feeling AJ is going to make a statement play on D now that he's a leader instead of just "see ball, get ball".