BC Predictions

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot to a little (38-16?) good guys. I also have a feeling AJ is going to make a statement play on D now that he's a leader instead of just "see ball, get ball".

Was just thinking about the relative lack of hype for AJ on this board. He was so impressive on tape last year, and I feel good knowing Towles' TD/INT was 9/14 last year.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can see this being a close game. I can see GT blowing them out. 37 to 17 seems good if the BC defense did not prepare correctly. I can see a 24 to 21 if the BC defense has the right plan and training.

I see our defense as more of a 2013 type. I am trying to balance a whole new defensive backfield with the play making ability of Mitchel, PJ, and AJ Gray.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I love the optimism! !!

But, let's be clear. We typically have 10 drive games. For last year's BC D, that's 12 pts allowed vs pwr 5 opponents. Some of us are predicting 4 times that. They lost some key DL and their DC, but wow.

Frankly, I think it's in the realm of possibility because of our O and CPJ play calling, but it's got to be unlikely. If we put it together and score big, watch out baby! !!!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
37 to 17 was the 2012 GT / BC score. I don't think that is likely. It is hard for me to see a win with less than 21 points scored, thus a 24 to 21 win. I would rather not predict if I though otherwise.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the optimism! !!

But, let's be clear. We typically have 10 drive games. For last year's BC D, that's 12 pts allowed vs pwr 5 opponents. Some of us are predicting 4 times that. They lost some key DL and their DC, but wow.

Frankly, I think it's in the realm of possibility because of our O and CPJ play calling, but it's got to be unlikely. If we put it together and score big, watch out baby! !!!

Agreed AE, I don't think people are looking at this in a very rational way. I'm scared to death because we haven't historically done well against truly dominant defenses and no matter how ****ty an offense our defense will give up points somewhere. I predict a very close game with us eking out by a field goal GT 16-13.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Gonna step out of the box here and go with 24-10 BC.
WuQaTQ.jpg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I want to win, and any score will do. What I want more than a win if that is possible is for this team to actually play like a football team, and look like one doing it. I just want that taste of 2015 out of my mouth. We're a long way from being "in the discussion" again, and getting it together out of the gate is critical in my thinking.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I was reading over some of the BC stuff on one of their blogs/boards, and those guys all had the nerve to put a W beside us on the schedule. Every single one of them. I'm fired up, lets blow em out.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
45-6. During the scrimmages it has been stated that the O has come out clicking. I think that will happen and I think BC poor O will continue. That will put BC D on the field a lot and they will get tired in the 4th qtr and that is when it will get ugly.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I was reading over some of the BC stuff on one of their blogs/boards, and those guys all had the nerve to put a W beside us on the schedule. Every single one of them. I'm fired up, lets blow em out.
As Paul Newman's Butch Cassidy said, we got the element of surprise on our side.