BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
well if his team's continue to regress and not show any substantial progress with the basics (turnovers, penalties, etc), he won't be around for 4 full years. I dont care what kind what kind of rebuild, if cant show progress in the right direction and compete against middle of the conference teams by year 3, he will not last a full 4 years. If things dont get measurable better, you'll be getting a lot of sleep not worrying about loses...
Then you better be ready to pony up because there is no way we will buy out four years of his seven year contract.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Then you better be ready to pony up because there is no way we will buy out four years of his seven year contract.
The only way Collins doesn’t see 4 full years would be if we win less than 4 next year, and get off to something like a 1-4 start in 2022. He’s all but locked in through 2022 no matter what happens. It’s much more likely Collins is here through the end of 2023 than it is he’s fired before the end of 2022.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
The more and more I think about it, I really am starting to wonder if Collins/staff has lost some of the team. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We really seem to have quit and had poor effort 2 games in a row on that side of the ball. I also Am wondering if some of the guys sitting behind the current starters are wondering why they aren’t getting minutes when our starters are playing so poorly.
I know E. Johnson’s dad made that comment on social media, and it may be isolated, but I do wonder if some of the DBs and LBs especially, are watching curry/juanyeh/etc miss every other tackle and LBs run into the back of our DL and think “and I’m not playing?”. It’s sad to me that none of the talented freshmen on D are even at a point to play a few snaps at least.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
One other thing that bugged me about this game is it looked like we were just completely unprepared at the start. We get the ball on offense and the first play is completely blown up and it looked like we had no idea what we were doing. We got lucky to be bailed out by a targeting call. The second play is a false start. Our first drive on defense and we don't even force a single 3rd down.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
3 wins is better than most reasonable people expected? Our schedule changed. We’re not playing uga, UNC, or VT. Instead, we’re playing some of the worst teams in the ACC. Please outline the monumental changes that we’ve made on defense that led to these atrocious results. BC has a first year coaching staff, and they have come in and whipped our *** out of the gate.
BC’s coach isn’t making the wholesale personnel changes that we are and their QB is pretty good. As for the rest of the year, ND and Miami will kill us. NC State is 4-2 in the conference and that game is away. That leaves Pitt and the dookies as potentially winnable games. Pitt’s D is really good and we never play well against Duke. I’ll be happy with 3 this year.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
BC’s coach isn’t making the wholesale personnel changes that we are and their QB is pretty good. As for the rest of the year, ND and Miami will kill us. NC State is 4-2 in the conference and that game is away. That leaves Pitt and the dookies as potentially winnable games. Pitt’s D is really good and we never play well against Duke. I’ll be happy with 3 this year.
Again, what wholesale personnel changes did we make on D this year? Clayton is the only one I remember, and he was billed as a star in waiting.

falconholic26

Banned
The more and more I think about it, I really am starting to wonder if Collins/staff has lost some of the team. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We really seem to have quit and had poor effort 2 games in a row on that side of the ball. I also Am wondering if some of the guys sitting behind the current starters are wondering why they aren’t getting minutes when our starters are playing so poorly.
I know E. Johnson’s dad made that comment on social media, and it may be isolated, but I do wonder if some of the DBs and LBs especially, are watching curry/juanyeh/etc miss every other tackle and LBs run into the back of our DL and think “and I’m not playing?”. It’s sad to me that none of the talented freshmen on D are even at a point to play a few snaps at least.
You are spot on. Bench curry j Thomas k Oliver Bc they are terrible and play the young guys The d line seem to play hard but the rest of defense have not. Play the young guys and if that don’t work then cut Thacker burton and the special coach go and Next year if they don’t improve then Collins must go!!!!!!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
One other thing that bugged me about this game is it looked like we were just completely unprepared at the start. We get the ball on offense and the first play is completely blown up and it looked like we had no idea what we were doing. We got lucky to be bailed out by a targeting call. The second play is a false start. Our first drive on defense and we don't even force a single 3rd down.

That’s a defender making a play. Something we are not accustomed to

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
People forget how truly horrible takeaways are and especially defensive TDs. Or the other team getting the ball on your 10. If you score something like 2.5 points per drive, a giveaway like that costs 7 + 2.5 points. That’s why huge takeaway margins are so impactful. 3 giveaways that close to our own end zone cost MORE than 21 points, since we’re missing out on about 2.5 points per drive too.
And two of those were committed by Sims. That's why he needs to be benched next game. Those turnovers have been costly and I've lost count on how many of those were by Sims alone.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It’s the combination of wanting instant gratification and delusional expectations. That makes no sense. Stars of the DBs don’t mean when the front 7 is bad
Very true. But those guys seem to have forgotten how to tackle this year as well. That’s frustrating me more than the coverage issues.