BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

falconholic26

Banned
? Do y’all think the players have quit on the coaches on defense? The way they have played it sure seems like it . The offense had not quit yet as far as I’ve had seen but the defense seems like that they don’t care anymore. I mean 7 years olds play with more effort than they did today

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don’t see where graham gives that much more of a benefit over sims.
Graham had less turnovers the entirety of last year, with a worse OL and new playbook, than Sims has over 6 games this year. Turnovers are what's killing us this year and Graham looked like he greatly improved over last year in his short and intermediate passes, and we know his deep ball is good, so I think starting Graham wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like I said, I think Sims would benefit from standing on the sideline and watching defenses to learn that way he doesn't have to worry about "carrying the team on his shoulders". He gets to watch and read the defense from the sideline and make mental notes.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This why when people say Sims turning the ball over doesn't matter since he moves the ball better than Graham did last year makes me raise an eyebrow... like what? I'd rather have a QB that doesn't turn the ball over personally.
everyone knows who you want but i didn't see anything the would make me think we would be better with Graham at QB'

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about not liking the first onside kick. Though in hindsight, we weren't stopping them, so it really might have been a fine call.

Generally speaking I think the frequency of our ST fakes is hurting our odds of success. I've noticed more recently that opposing coaches have acknowledged Collins' aptitude and success with ST fakes, which also suggests to me that they're likely going to anticipate it more. Maybe I'm reading too much into game week press conferences.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I say we bench him to let him stand on the sidelines and watch, let him look at the defenses when he doesn't have the game on HIS shoulders.

And that is less effective for his development than actually playing. Long term he will get plenty of that in the off season when he can spend more time dedicated just to rewatching game film.

The only reason to bench Sims right now is if you think another QB gives us a better chance to win.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t matter as much on the turnover thing with sims and graham. Graham couldn’t get us points. Sims is getting us points and has 2 big wins that were bigger then Graham’s wins. Sims: FSU and Louisville, graham: nc state and USF and Miami*

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree about not liking the first onside kick. Though in hindsight, we weren't stopping them, so it really might have been a fine call.

Generally speaking I think the frequency of our ST fakes is hurting our odds of success. I've noticed more recently that opposing coaches have acknowledged Collins' aptitude and success with ST fakes, which also suggests to me that they're likely going to anticipate it more. Maybe I'm reading too much into game week press conferences.
Agree. Teams have to all be planning against our special team fakes since we go to the well so often.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
everyone knows who you want but i didn't see anything the would make me think we would be better with Graham at QB'
I'd like to see how we do with Graham since we have an improved OL and he has another year in the offense. I like Sims, think he is the future for sure, but he is makes too many mistakes with turning the ball over. Consistently so. Which is why I think benching him for a game or two would benefit him, let him settle and watch defenses to make notes without the pressure of the game being on his shoulders. I think he needs that, especially since we don't have a coach on the sidelines to coach up the guys and what not when they make mistakes on offense.

jimholman7

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we can officially put the ATL to rest as irrelevant although it was dumb already. Mason and Graham were not Above the Line and played. Tucker Gleason was ATL and didn't play and neither did Yates. What's the purpose of ATL at this point? https://ramblinwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/ATL-BC.pdf

Another number to ponder is 121. Has Georgia Tech ever had a span of 2 games where we gave up 121 points?

OL looks weak, which impacts Sims' time to throw and receivers time to get open. A lot on Sims tho, but he's 18 years old. RBs are great. DL is OK to decent. LB weak. DBs weak. My concern is how much CGC has loyalty to assistants that need to be replaced and understanding that marketing and potential with poor performance on the field only lets you recruit 2 - 3 years. In year 4, if you're consistently winning at a 4 - 8 clip no one is going to care about the #404, Adidas, or Waffle House.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think we can officially put the ATL to rest as irrelevant although it was dumb already. Mason and Graham were not Above the Line and played. Tucker Gleason was ATL and didn't play and neither did Yates. What's the purpose of ATL at this point?

To give the fans something to talk about. Depth charts are largely meaningless anyways.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The difference is Patenaude would do the QB carousel like every drive, or even DURING a drive, last year and we all hated that. It is totally different from the fans wanting him to start a different guy in a game because Sims is prone to 2+ turnovers a game.

Seriously, Graham had less turnovers the entirety of last year than Sims has in 6 games.
Did we forget how inept the offense was under him? Graham showed why is not the starter on the 4th down plat when he took off and ran instead of giving a WR a chance to make a play