BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
My concern is how much CGC has loyalty to assistants that need to be replaced and understanding that marketing and potential with poor performance on the field only lets you recruit 2 - 3 years
This is my concern. I said this before, I like CGC as the HC, I like the vibe he brings GT, the culture, I think he recuits well and players like him. However, I think he needs to realize that his assistants may not be the guys we need. Our DC and ST coach need to be gone ASAP, this season has regressed so far back that it is just pathetic. He needs to not be loyal and know when to call it quits on them so we can get new coaches around CGC.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
And that is less effective for his development than actually playing. Long term he will get plenty of that in the off season when he can spend more time dedicated just to rewatching game film.

The only reason to bench Sims right now is if you think another QB gives us a better chance to win.
Partially about winning the next game but also about getting rid of the turnovers - at least for this year. Simply playing him and turning a blind eye to sloppy turnovers doesn't make sense either Collins is going to have to figure out how to get the point across This game was a whole lot closer without 4 turnovers that led directly to points.

On a broader note Collins is going to have to find a way to make that same point with other sloppy penalties, missed tackles and a multitude of other mental mistakes

I responded to your post condemning our offense with facts that were incorrect, not overall team performance.

It seems you're venting though and not wanting to engage, which is fine, so I'll leave it at that.
Cuse...I'm not venting I just am concerned. This was not a rebuild. A rebuild was when O'Leary took over from Lewis. You coach to your personal. You need to win

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see how we do with Graham since we have an improved OL and he has another year in the offense. I like Sims, think he is the future for sure, but he is makes too many mistakes with turning the ball over. Consistently so. Which is why I think benching him for a game or two would benefit him, let him settle and watch defenses to make notes without the pressure of the game being on his shoulders. I think he needs that, especially since we don't have a coach on the sidelines to coach up the guys and what not when they make mistakes on offense.
Glad you want to see him but I'm fine with the QB we lost because of the defense or lack of it. I don't know if it is coaching or the 0players or both. But I'm fine with Sims it's the defense we need to worry about right now.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Turnover vs can’t move the offense.
Sims is 2+ turnovers a game, he has more than Graham had all year last year. And again, "cant' move the offense" Graham was learning the playbook late AND had a worse OL than Sims. Do I think Sims will/should be the started next year? Yes. Do I think he is the future? Yes. However, I don't think it would hurt to put Graham in to see how he does this year when we know turnovers are what is killing us.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry to spoil the party, but I wanted to take a pause from all this butt-hurt to remind GT fans that today is the 5th anniversary of the “Miracle on Techwood”!
1603591068324.png

So, in the spirit of naming memorable events in Tech football history, I’m thinking today’s effort could be labeled as the “Massacre in Massachusetts “! 🤣🤣🤣

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Sims is 2+ turnovers a game, he has more than Graham had all year last year. And again, "cant' move the offense" Graham was learning the playbook late AND had a worse OL than Sims. Do I think Sims will/should be the started next year? Yes. Do I think he is the future? Yes. However, I don't think it would hurt to put Graham in to see how he does this year when we know turnovers are what is killing us.
You really think putting a true freshman that has started every game on the bench will help him and not kill his confidence. Just to play some one who last year admitted to not practicing as hard as it should.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
had to turn off the gamecast at halftime. glad I didn't have ACC network and didnt bother looking for a stream. Will we ever see the other team's punter before the game is out of reach going forward this season?

Deleted member 2897

So, people are now calling for sims to be benched for graham? Yes graham looked improved but that was against bc’s 2nd and 3 string defense. Sims had 2 amazing deep ball throws for touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Yes he had 2 turnovers but he got us points. Right now sims has to start because he can learn from his mistakes and be fully ready and at his best next season. Sims is getting us points and is keeping drives alive. The offense ful supports sims. He has gotten us 2 wins in 6 games. Graham got us 2 in the whole last year (even tho he didn’t start or play in every game). I don’t see why you would bench a true freshman qb when he is getting points for your team and is showing improvement week by week.

The fumble on the bad snap wasn’t Sims’ fault either. Nor was the fumbled punt return on our goal line, or the Mason “fumble”, or the stupid *** fake punt from BC’s 29.

Deleted member 2897

had to turn off the gamecast at halftime. glad I didn't have ACC network and didnt bother looking for a stream. Will we ever see the other team's punter before the game is out of reach going forward this season?

The only streams I was able to find today were my copious butt hurt tears and my over active bladder from drinking away my pain.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This has not got anything to do with the game but

CGC stop this ALT crap it looks bad is dumb and you play players on on it and some of the players on it don't play. grow up and act like a real Head Coach.
Somehow your phone font size made it into your post.