BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think, as a fan, I am going to get in front of this NIL and potential capititalism movement in college sports. Going forward, I am going to support the QB who pays me the most for my services as a fan. Same goes for the other 21 spots as well. Special teams and coaches too. I want to be paid and am throwing my emotions out the window and will root for the highest bidder only. All inquiries should be handled via PM only.

Deleted member 2897

My current level of butt hurt this morning, wrapped up in 1 GIF. For those keeping track at home, this 1 play resulted in a net differential of 41 yards. FORTY-ONE YARDS. And of course, it would have been 4th and 14, giving us the ball. Also, while I'm hear crying in my own high-alcohol content tears, Sims' dropping of that snap was his fault (as far as I can tell) when looking at the replay again. There was also a terrible mesh that almost turned the ball over, and resulted in a loss of several yards. Our fake punt on their 29 was also largely driven by an ill-timed massive 15 yard sack.

I don’t remember seeing Sims yell at Curry after this. Maybe Curry ought to focus on himself a bit.

Direct Link
vlAn60.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
CPJ was a.master at coaching up. We do have better players now but it's worry some that collins and his staff are making good recruits look so bad.
I don't care how well they recruit, but if they can't coach the kids or at least get them ready for game time, that hard work won't matter

Sims is the future qb, he didn’t play horribly. Collins is gonna need to get a new defensive coordinator and special teams coach. We are still 2 more recruiting classes away from being acc championship game appearance caliber away. We have a freshman starting at qb, rb, rt. This is a major year in developing those young players. This season is another season for getting experienced but it will pay off. Collins doesn’t need to be fired.
We had good players that the coaches let go.....Come on before Collins got there we won 7 games and went to a bowl game.. As for the offense goes we have look belter than last year, because mason was not that good so anybody will look better, Coaches stop thinking player younger players is the answer

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
We had good players that the coaches let go.....Come on before Collins got there we won 7 games and went to a bowl game.. As for the offense goes we have look belter than last year, because mason was not that good so anybody will look better, Coaches stop thinking player younger players is the answer
It makes sense that your user handle image is an "L"

1603720718885.png

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL or throw a pick like Sims. I mean cmon all of your arguments are so biased. How many times has Sims tried running for a 1st down and not even try to lower his shoulder or get the 1st down. You're just lucky Graham was down before he pitched the ball or you wouldn't have a single thing to hate on.
Yes throwing a pick would have been a better outcome. In a 4th and 13 if you don't have an open receiver you throw the ball down field and at least give him a chance. If it gets intercepted it's just like a punt. The last thing a quarterback should do is try to run unless he has a clear path to the first down which he did not. The announcers even made that point after the play.

Edit: Sorry trying to run is the second to last thing a quarterback should do. The last thing is throwing the ball away like Reggie Ball did against ugag!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes throwing a pick would have been a better outcome. In a 4th and 13 if you don't have an open receiver you throw the ball down field and at least give him a chance. If it gets intercepted it's just like a punt. The last thing a quarterback should do is try to run unless he has a clear path to the first down which he did not. The announcers even made that point after the play.

Edit: Sorry trying to run is the second to last thing a quarterback should do. The last thing is throwing the ball away like Reggie Ball did against ugag!

Yes, throw a jump ball and give your reciever a chance or maybe you get lucky and get a Pass Interference. To be fair, Sims did the same in a game earlier this year. Forget which game, may have been UCF. But that's a true freshman thing.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yes, throw a jump ball and give your reciever a chance or maybe you get lucky and get a Pass Interference. To be fair, Sims did the same in a game earlier this year. Forget which game, may have been UCF. But that's a true freshman thing.

Yeah, he ran for 3 against UCF on a 4th and 9. I might be remembering a different play but I'm thinking of a rollout call where we had someone somewhat open but Sims stumbled and decided after that to just run it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Seems like Media content has been way down the last two weeks. It is a weak look, like we are ducking. I don't like it. We need to right this ship. Also hope CGC ratchets up the consequences of these stupid turn overs / penalties that are causing huge impact to the game strategy. I am sure they are doing something, but goodness. Team sprints, bleacher runs and real pain. I am sick of seeing the lack of discipline from our guys the last few weeks.

Milwaukee

Banned
Mark Packer with Durham this morning: “I don’t care about the record, I know it’s bad, but if you can’t see that they’re an improved football team then you’re blind. The foundation is being built”. He’s right but we still should button things up by a mile.

slugboy

Staff member
Mark Packer with Durham this morning: “I don’t care about the record, I know it’s bad, but if you can’t see that they’re an improved football team then you’re blind. The foundation is being built”. He’s right but we still should button things up by a mile.
It’s a lot easier for people to have faith when we upset Clemson than when we get smacked two weeks in a row. It’s harder to look at a football game and see the gaps and where they’re being filled.
I understand the perspective of “if we don’t have all the right pieces, why not run something else until we do?” No one wants to wait 3-4 years to see that happening. Finding a way to bridge the gap without hamstringing recruiting and development is a trick and a half

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
This is funny....hope it is not us, but the life expectancy line is potentially very true for Tech fans.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Seems like Media content has been way down the last two weeks. It is a weak look, like we are ducking. I don't like it. We need to right this ship. Also hope CGC ratchets up the consequences of these stupid turn overs / penalties that are causing huge impact to the game strategy. I am sure they are doing something, but goodness. Team sprints, bleacher runs and real pain. I am sick of seeing the lack of discipline from our guys the last few weeks.
Hey Mods, I stood this up as a separate thread, because it has been an issue that I think is important. We have gone all in on the branding and culture and everyone gets a spot to talk to the press but now go away from it when it doesn't suit us? I don't think that falls into the "meltdown category"; can whoever moved this send me a DM so we can discuss further? I don't want to drag the thread further off topic, but think this was a mistake.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
...No one wants to wait 3-4 years to see that happening. Finding a way to bridge the gap without hamstringing recruiting and development is a trick and a half
One could argue that the recruiting ceiling with tech being what it is (stem school) that this whole thing is a moot point and we most likely will not be able to recruit highly enough and consistently to be any better than what we have been, let alone reach those levels, since George O'Leary left.