BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
When the spring practices were canceled early, I was convinced Sims and Gleason wouldn’t be able to start due to lack of time in the system. I think the free year helped the decision to start sims not that he didn’t win the job.

Joe had a redshirt year and still struggled, so I was prepared for Sims to have a few struggles as a true freshman. We will not be in games with a minus three turnover ratio that leads to 21 points no matter who the opponent is. I know that isn’t only issue for this team but putting ourselves in 17 and 21 point deficits due to turnovers changes the whole game.
I also have to believe that next year Sims will clean up allot of these bad decisions. By year 3 for him, he has potential to be special for us.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I cannot get past them lining up in punt formation inside the opponent’s 30 yard line in the first half. That had to be the most laughable and ridiculous call I have ever seen a head coach make. It should be on a bloopers reel. Someone needs to ask CGC what in the world he was thinking on that one.

After being totally down on DPat prior to then, the Louisville game turned me around for the most part, although I still see some boneheaded calls on O. So with Sims, Gibbs, Mason, and some emerging good receivers, I at least have hope now on O. But the D and special teams, WOW!!! Even with too many turnovers and miscues (penalties) on O, that's not what's killing us right now IMO. It is the total lack of any kind of consistency on D, and it seems to be getting worse. Losing yesterday is one thing, and it would have been disappointing no matter what the spread, but losing the way we did is totally inexcusable, since we essentially lost it in the first quarter. Something has GOT to change on D, and it needs to change NOW.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It almost seems like the DC has a game strategy to take away a key tendency of the opponent and then when they adapt to a different offensive strategy he has no answer. We must have schemed to stop their TE and held him to 39 yrds. They hit us with 236 yards of rushing and a lot was the QB breaking contain. We had no adjustment. I felt like the Citadel game we were poorly prepared. Same with VT where we got shredded for 44. We beat a pretty decent UoL team with turnovers but gave up a lot of yards. Duke wore us out last year in the second half. So far I haven't seen really outstanding adjustments on defense by this staff. The O has potential to be good but too many turnovers and penalties in loses. The D staff is inexperienced and it shows.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we might have the worst two linebackers in the nation
one of which will turn 25 this week and could even return for his 7th year!

1603661452994.gif

Jolly Good Fellow
I cannot get past them lining up in punt formation inside the opponent’s 30 yard line in the first half. That had to be the most laughable and ridiculous call I have ever seen a head coach make. It should be on a bloopers reel. Someone needs to ask CGC what in the world he was thinking on that one.
I like Geoff. But I agree with SSJack here....what the hell was THAT? I would bet all I own that this is the first time in NCAA history that a coach has lined up in punt formation from the other team's 28.... and it almost worked! LMAO

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Posts that relate to previous coaches have been moved to this thread:

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Geoff. But I agree with SSJack here....what the hell was THAT? I would bet all I own that this is the first time in NCAA history that a coach has lined up in punt formation from the other team's 28.... and it almost worked! LMAO

And BOOM, with his incompletion, Pressley plummets from the highest QBR In GT history to #14.

Oh the humanity! 😜
1603667636509.png

1603667887612.png