BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Collins has admitted it is the "biggest transition in modern football history" if that is true what qualifies him to be the one to lead it? A mediocre couple seasons at Temple?

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
This is year 2 of a 7 year contract. Did anyone really expect that this year would be any different than last year? We were expected to be last in the conference for good reasons. Right now we need good recruiting and maybe these coaches are the ones for that. Maybe they won’t be here in year 4.

Milwaukee

Banned
Collins has admitted it is the "biggest transition in modern football history" if that is true what qualifies him to be the one to lead it? A mediocre couple seasons at Temple?
Honest question: did you pass out drunk earlier after your non-stop hissy fits in chat and now you’re awake again doing it here in the postgame? Gonna be a fun night 😂

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
You get him experience. It's that simple. There isn't always some magical coaching shortcut button. He's a true freshman. This isn't unexpected, and it's why you usually don't want to start a true freshman. But we aren't in a usual situation so you can't treat it as such.

Benching him won't get him more practice time. He'll be getting that reps and work regardless. The comparison is literally just whether he develops better by actually playing vs standing on the sidelines, and the answer to that isn't close.

Benching to "send a message" or "hold him accountable" is just spectacle coaching. If it were a lack of effort or sportsmanship or something like that then it might have place. Otherwise it's amateur hour nonsense. Bench a player if the player behind him gives you a better chance to win.
Amateur hour? you don't think any coach sits anyone for making the same mistakes over and over? OK sure

When your QB turns the ball over 2+ times per game It is pretty easy to see how that is hurting our chances to win

Collins has to figure out how he is going to change his play Sitting him or putting him on a short leash is a viable option Singing kum by ya is too I guess

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This is year 2 of a 7 year contract. Did anyone really expect that this year would be any different than last year? We were expected to be last in the conference for good reasons. Right now we need good recruiting and maybe these coaches are the ones for that. Maybe they won’t be here in year 4.
No one expected us to win 8 games.
We expected to compete in year 2. We have competed in 2 games this year. The others were pretty easily handled by the other teams. We scared UCF a little, but not enough to matter. Cuse ran away with it from the get go.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
This is year 2 of a 7 year contract. Did anyone really expect that this year would be any different than last year?
I was expecting this year to be the real Year 1 for Collins, but that is even debatable because of covid. We didn't get to have regular spring camp, or fall camp. So technically we are in Year 2 of Collins contract but he really hasn't had a first year under his system with his guys with an actual normal training camp and offseason.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Honest question: did you pass out drunk earlier after your non-stop hissy fits in chat and now you’re awake again doing it here in the postgame? Gonna be a fun night 😂
I don't drink lol.

And hissy fits? Nah I'm tired of watching my team getting their brains beaten in. This team has made some of the most inexcusable football mistakes in consecutive weeks.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
No one expected us to win 8 games.
We expected to compete in year 2. We have competed in 2 games this year. The others were pretty easily handled by the other teams. We scared UCF a little, but not enough to matter. Cuse ran away with it from the get go.
If you think we have the players to compete you’re wrong. Not yet. No one should even think of complaining until year 4.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Amateur hour? you don't think any coach sits anyone for making the same mistakes over and over? OK sure

When your QB turns the ball over 2+ times per game It is pretty easy to see how that is hurting our chances to win

Collins has to figure out how he is going to change his play Sitting him or putting him on a short leash is a viable option Singing kum by ya is too I guess

Sims and Gibbs are the only way we move the chains and score right now. Sit Sims and see how ugly it gets.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If you think we have the players to compete you’re wrong. Not yet. No one should even think of complaining until year 4.
We have mid 3 star OL, a 5 star DE, 4 star DT, a linebacker thats been here for 6 years but plays like its his first year. Two safeties that were hyped to make you believe they would be all ACC, 2 RBs that would start on probably 85% of the teams in the nation. We have 5, 4 star DBs in the secondary.

We out rank half of the ACC in TALENT. So we are saying the 4 stars aren't good?
This team has the most rated talent on it since the 2008-2010 teams.

Year 4 we all expected 10 wins not 6-7.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
please tell me you’re counting the 2014 guys in that
Counting everyone. I've made a few comments and I was shocked how many former players liked those comments. 👀 I think we all understand something has to change. The kids seem to be running the show at GT.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Sit Sims and see how ugly it gets.
It's worth a shot to let him watch defenses from the sideline and take mental notes. He is averaging 2+ turnovers a game, maybe let him sit out and start Graham, who looked improved from last year, and then start Sims again in a game or two.