1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Back up QB

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by TampaGT, Nov 14, 2017.

1. BleedGoldNWhite21

BleedGoldNWhite21 Helluva Engineer

I think this was a bit of an issue in 2015. One of the many reasons 2014 was so special was our team of deeply veteran A-backs. One of the many reasons 2015 was the opposite of special was our team of brand new A-backs. Remember against UGA when JT tried to pitch to an A-back who wasn't there? :confused:

2. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Don't know the guy personally but I do know someone who does outside the football program. I value his judgment and it is that the charge of buying players is nonsense. People want to say it but asked to provide proof, head for the hills. Clemson is as clean as GT., and in fact Tech had the latest NCAA charge (Thomas years ago.) Unfortunately some Techsters still have their heads in the sand about course offerings because that is a major drawing card for athletes, whether Tech, Clemson or Stanford. The money charge is a copout. Which leaves the question: why the QB difference?

OldJacketFan likes this.
  3. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

The difference I see is that Clemson QBs are making it in the NFL. getting Watson started it for Dabo and he's building on that! Nothing mysterious or underhanded IMO

4. danny daniel

danny daniel Helluva Engineer

We might have JJ and in 13 months we still have Cottrell , Rew, and Turner. I had rather have another OL or DL.

5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Well that and recruiting ability of our coach.

6. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Yep, but one new guy should get playing time next year with JJ being gone so hopefully that helps.

7. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

CPJ said JJ is a QB when asked about him moving positions.