B Back Transfer - Patrick Skov

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
He's known to be a good ST player. Also knows how to block in pass pro already and run block. Add in a mature body, smarts, and fact he was counted on to get tough yards on goal line, plus our need at BB and you get what Skov is:

A low risk transfer who one way or another is going to contribute, and also projects at a position of need.

With how JT throws it dont overlook import of a seasoned pass protector at BB. Laskey didnt learn that until his last year...it's a valuable skill that's not easy.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He's known to be a good ST player. Also knows how to block in pass pro already and run block. Add in a mature body, smarts, and fact he was counted on to get tough yards on goal line, plus our need at BB and you get what Skov is:

A low risk transfer who one way or another is going to contribute, and also projects at a position of need.

With how JT throws it dont overlook import of a seasoned pass protector at BB. Laskey didnt learn that until his last year...it's a valuable skill that's not easy.
I think what might worry me more is how he handles the mesh. Days and Laskey were so good at it that Thomas was riding them all the way into the LOS before pulling it, often from behind them.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think what might worry me more is how he handles the mesh. Days and Laskey were so good at it that Thomas was riding them all the way into the LOS before pulling it, often from behind them.

It's important. But a ton easier to pick up than it seems. Scoop blocking and cutting is harder.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If this happens, I think it will work well. A FB is used to plowing through a hole without much head start (similar to our Bs), and he'd have all summer to work with JT on the mesh. Even if he's just "serviceable", that's really all we need with home run threats at QB (by talent) and AB (by talent & scheme).

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like he was a fb in some sort of wishbone attack in highschool so the concepts shouldn't be foreign to him.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think Skov will be very serviceable at BB, something like Preston Lyons, but probably more like David Sims or Lucas Cox. That's fine, because those guys played their roles well for what they had. Just don't expect an Dwyer, Anthony Allen, or even Syjnjyn Days. Skov is depth move, not a move to find a premier BB.

I would be more than happy with another Lyons, Sims or L.Cox, especially given the depth and inexperience at that position.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He can't sign with us until he graduates..I think that's in June.

Teams can still contact him until he signs...so we have to hold on until then.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Can he end up at another school this fall as a Graduate Student? Sure he could.

The plan is for him to enroll in mid- June. He will not be signing any letters of intent. This is a case of enrollment, which we have seen with walk-ons...awaiting for the semester to start.