Audio controller for stadium

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'll flat out say it... THEY SUCK.

Playing super hype music to cut it mid sentence, to switch to another song. It goes in and out because they can't make up their mind. Starting the yellow, jacket, chant 25 seconds before we take the field on defense, when it should be done immediately after the timeout is called.

One of the most poorly handled jobs I've ever seen in a sporting event. I've heard multiple people complain.

My buddy who went to Ohio U, looked at me and laughed during the bowling green game because he said poor old Ohio has a better audio performance.

Not to be mean, but I swear it sounds like a 10 year old up there pressing buttons at random sometimes. Who the heck can we contact to suggest they have a talent search. It should be a emceed type thing. Like a hype person.

You must be able to read a crowd and keep energy flowing the whole game. They really don't help with fans getting pumped up. I've seen far better from far lesser schools.

Sorry guys, rant is over. Just annoyed me all season how crappy it was.

Go Jackets!!!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'll flat out say it... THEY SUCK.

Playing super hype music to cut it mid sentence, to switch to another song. It goes in and out because they can't make up their mind. Starting the yellow, jacket, chant 25 seconds before we take the field on defense, when it should be done immediately after the timeout is called.

One of the most poorly handled jobs I've ever seen in a sporting event. I've heard multiple people complain.

My buddy who went to Ohio U, looked at me and laughed during the bowling green game because he said poor old Ohio has a better audio performance.

Not to be mean, but I swear it sounds like a 10 year old up there pressing buttons at random sometimes. Who the heck can we contact to suggest they have a talent search. It should be a emceed type thing. Like a hype person.

You must be able to read a crowd and keep energy flowing the whole game. They really don't help with fans getting pumped up. I've seen far better from far lesser schools.

Sorry guys, rant is over. Just annoyed me all season how crappy it was.

Go Jackets!!!
The TV audio was really picking up the crowd and stadium noise today. Even from the broadcast it sounded like they were kind of clueless.

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
Playing the pump up songs when our O is taking the field, then playing pansie-*** songs when our D is taking the field with momentum. It is awful. The Yellow Jacket chant should be started by the Cheerleaders and not announced like we are a bunch of dumbasses.

Someone type up an email so we can all fill up Todd's inbox with our displeasure. This is one thing that Tech shouldn't have a problem with.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Playing the pump up songs when our O is taking the field, then playing pansie-*** songs when our D is taking the field with momentum. It is awful. The Yellow Jacket chant should be started by the Cheerleaders and not announced like we are a bunch of dumbasses.

Someone type up an email so we can all fill up Todd's inbox with our displeasure. This is one thing that Tech shouldn't have a problem with.

I agree. I may type something up.

As I have said it should be an Emcee type job, rather than a "I hope they like this song" job. Person up in the booth is clueless.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

100% this..... It was so bad yesterday. We played we will rock you when we were on offense then that damn song from White Chicks while we are on defense. He should be fired just for that alone

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else hear someone come over the speakers saying something along the lines of, “they are over there talking s**t.”?

I think this just goes to show that somebody up there is not paying attention. Maybe the person running the board is a big GT fan and is so wrapped up in the game that he can’t do his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
Did anyone else hear someone come over the speakers saying something along the lines of, “they are over there talking s**t.”?

I think this just goes to show that somebody up there is not paying attention. Maybe the person running the board is a big GT fan and is so wrapped up in the game that he can’t do his job.

I heard that. It is laughable at this point. Everyone email the AD and hopefully he will see there is an issue. Too bad we have to wait 9 months to see if the problem is fixed.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea during the critical 3rd down when the team was getting rowdy, they silence a loud crowd with “a thousand miles” by Vanessa Carlton. That’s the weirdest pump-up song I’ve ever heard. Maybe the Dj went to uva?

At least they didn’t play the entirety of “time of your life” by Green Day during the band’s photo montage like they did 3 years ago.

That dj needs to be given no more than 3 approved songs to play.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I thought that was the ref, it was right after they called a penalty and I thought he left his mic on.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Yeah that genius really thought Michele Branch is what the team and crowd needed?:vomit:
upload_2018-11-18_10-55-43.gif

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yea during the critical 3rd down when the team was getting rowdy, they silence a loud crowd with “a thousand miles” by Vanessa Carlton. That’s the weirdest pump-up song I’ve ever heard. Maybe the Dj went to uva?

At least they didn’t play the entirety of “time of your life” by Green Day during the band’s photo montage like they did 3 years ago.

That dj needs to be given no more than 3 approved songs to play.

The dj needs to be fired and the band needs to play. The thing about all this piped-in music is that it can be heard anywhere at any time by anyone. But you can only hear the band, live, at the game. More band.