Auburn

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Have heard from a really good source, though not officially announced, that Carter Hall has dropped off team due to his back injury.
And wasn't that a big reason for us not firing Danny or him not leaving was due to him wanting to coach his son?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
And wasn't that a big reason for us not firing Danny or him not leaving was due to him wanting to coach his son?
No one knows "the" reason... it is mostly likely reasons (plural). This board is full of speculation over the last few years. The fact his two sons are on roster could logically be a big factor. There could be many other factors too. ...& as far as I can tell, nobody posting here knows what is going on between the coach & the GTAA.

Deleted member 2897

5-0 bottom 5th, and Auburn has vases loaded with NO OUTS. This is driving me to drink more than normal.

Deleted member 2897

Auburn had batted 4 times.

They have 7 runs.

They have also left 10 more on base.

Honest to Pete!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Second straight horrid pitching performance....sounds like if you aren’t starting Curry orThomas we are s dreadful squad

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Second straight horrid pitching performance....sounds like if you aren’t starting Curry orThomas we are s dreadful squad

English pitched well, but wasn't a starter. Gotta get his pitch count up.

To put last night into perspective, we did worse than any of these other Auburn mid-week teams. Auburn was 3-2 over Ga Southern, 6-5 over Troy; 7-6 over South Alabama and 11-8 over UAB.

Deleted member 2897

Ugh. And sadly, it could have even been much worse. Auburn averaged almost 2 runners left on base per inning.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
This coming week end will show if it is worth watching the rest of the season. If we don't sweep VT, our chances of any definition of success is gone. We now have no center fielder ( if Carter Hall is gone), only 2 starting pitchers and one of them throws 100 pitches per 5 innings, and a SS who scares me to death every time a ball gets close to him. Kel Johnson has now drifted into dugout hermit status, and the team has no clutch hitting. Our 2 young freshmen starters are so shakey that the cant stay in a game long enough to get any meaningful experience.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This coming week end will show if it is worth watching the rest of the season. If we don't sweep VT, our chances of any definition of success is gone. We now have no center fielder ( if Carter Hall is gone), only 2 starting pitchers and one of them throws 100 pitches per 5 innings, and a SS who scares me to death every time a ball gets close to him. Kel Johnson has now drifted into dugout hermit status, and the team has no clutch hitting. Our 2 young freshmen starters are so shakey that the cant stay in a game long enough to get any meaningful experience.
^^^This is thick with CORRECTNESS. No one will be surprised I think we will have a real turnaround this weekend.

Deleted member 2897

Mmmmmm. I dunno. Baseball is a weird sport that I don't know if you can ever expect sweeps. If we play well and go 2-1 and the 1 loss wasn't from something we gave away.

Virginia Tech is 8-8, but 5 of those losses were by 2 or fewer runs. They've won 5 of their last 6 games, and the only loss was when they put 10 runs up against Pitt. Speaking of which, Pitt was 10-2 before playing Virginia Tech last weekend, and VT went 2-1. I don't think they are a bad team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Mmmmmm. I dunno. Baseball is a weird sport that I don't know if you can ever expect sweeps. If we play well and go 2-1 and the 1 loss wasn't from something we gave away.

Virginia Tech is 8-8, but 5 of those losses were by 2 or fewer runs. They've won 5 of their last 6 games, and the only loss was when they put 10 runs up against Pitt. Speaking of which, Pitt was 10-2 before playing Virginia Tech last weekend, and VT went 2-1. I don't think they are a bad team.
If you're right then we have truly fallen into mediocrity (or worse) and I will likely join the bandwagon...