Attrition of '14: where are they now?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sad, but it looks like there won't be any football updates for Custis:

http://www.hutchnews.com/news/court...cle_022268e5-82e6-5221-8c3b-19bb7cfeaf2e.html

Hopefully he turns it around...

I know at one time we had a program called "developmental studies" that we could use for about 5 guys per year. The reason I know this is because Bruce Dalrymple was one of those guys. It was basically allowing them to get "GT-ready" their freshman year. It would bring them to the point they needed to be when they left high school. Does this not exist anymore, because if it did, Custis, in my opinion, should have been one of those guys that got an opportunity. I probably don't know enough to be espousing this opinion, but does this "developmental study" program still exist? This would have been around 1982 or 83.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I know at one time we had a program called "developmental studies" that we could use for about 5 guys per year. The reason I know this is because Bruce Dalrymple was one of those guys. It was basically allowing them to get "GT-ready" their freshman year. It would bring them to the point they needed to be when they left high school. Does this not exist anymore, because if it did, Custis, in my opinion, should have been one of those guys that got an opportunity. I probably don't know enough to be espousing this opinion, but does this "developmental study" program still exist? This would have been around 1982 or 83.
Nope. APR has done away with all programs like this. I'm not sure a school can even get partial qualifiers any more.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Since Jan Kemp, no school in the state can have developmental studies (remedial programs). Some schools have easy majors, but all courses count now.