Attrition of '14: where are they now?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Just curious.

Where did they end up? I couldn't find info on all of them. Any I missed?

Ty Griffin - Oregon
Anthony Autry
Myles Autry
Travin Henry - still in school at GT
Jimmie Kitchens - Youngstown State
Morgan Bailey - got GT degree, spent last eligibility year at Coastal Carolina
Anthony Williams - got GT degree, spent last eligibility year at Troy
Justin Akins - MTSU
Kevin Robbins - Iowa State
Travis Custis
Vad Lee - James Madison
Darius Commissiong - going to ECU
Donovan Wilson - BGSU

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Montrell Custis signed with Ole Miss but that Travis hasn't officially said where he's going. Wonder if he ends up with his cousin?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My impression was that none of these guys, except for Vad Lee, were really doing much. I think the Autrys are out of football for good, for instance. Too bad about a lot of these guys but it just goes to show that Tech is not for everybody. I honestly believe we are a stronger program without all of them. That is not a put down, it is just we have players now who fit the program much much better.

My impression was that none of these guys, except for Vad Lee, were really doing much. I think the Autrys are out of football for good, for instance. Too bad about a lot of these guys but it just goes to show that Tech is not for everybody. I honestly believe we are a stronger program without all of them. That is not a put down, it is just we have players now who fit the program much much better.
The only one I would love to have back is Custis.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I bet Vad could have played (and maybe even started if given the time) at WR for us. He was a really good WR as a sophomore in HS, but I don't blame him for still wanting to chase the NFL QB dream.

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@KCJackets

3 years I think.

@dressedcheeseside

Obviously people still care.. Just because he is no longer going to be a Jacket doesn't mean some people won't still follow him...I know I will. He's a good kid and he chose Tech over a lot of other schools and even when his HS coach was in his ear about other schools he stuck with Tech...Custis is a great person and I wish him a ton of success...unfortunately things didn't work out with him for us and vice versa but I hope he finds success.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@KCJackets

3 years I think.

@dressedcheeseside

Obviously people still care.. Just because he is no longer going to be a Jacket doesn't mean some people won't still follow him...I know I will. He's a good kid and he chose Tech over a lot of other schools and even when his HS coach was in his ear about other schools he stuck with Tech...Custis is a great person and I wish him a ton of success...unfortunately things didn't work out with him for us and vice versa but I hope he finds success.
I understand your angle, you got to know him personally.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cheese, didn't Custis have a school certification issue that his coaches and gt player development folks missed? Thought the kid was working out here in summer - all in style? Is that about right. I know when griffin left , custis got rejected, followed by JDH s academic issues sent me near the edge. I feel that custis did what was asked and really tried to come to tech. Am I wrong.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cheese, didn't Custis have a school certification issue that his coaches and gt player development folks missed? Thought the kid was working out here in summer - all in style? Is that about right. I know when griffin left , custis got rejected, followed by JDH s academic issues sent me near the edge. I feel that custis did what was asked and really tried to come to tech. Am I wrong.
I have no idea what happened with Custis.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
@KCJackets

3 years I think.

@dressedcheeseside

Unfortunately this board -- and every other board -- has guys who can't wait to attack players who transfer for whatever reason, or who can't make the academic transition and have to leave the school. One of the more obvious was Vad Lee. He left for whatever his reasons but seemed to land at exactly the right level at James Madison and has put up some good stats. Sometimes good players have to come down from a higher league.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The county school system that Custis' HS was in lost its accreditation in 2008 but was reinstated a year or so later. IMO, it stands to reason that this could have contributed to his qualifications to enroll at GT.