Attrition and Scholarship Limits

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
You can only take 25 in a given year but that doesn't include early enrollees or greyshirts.

Right now we know Tuck Gleason is enrolling early so we can at least take 26.

Can take 26 up to 85. Obviously. How much attrition do we need to max at 26?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
We're at 85 players now with 13 seniors. So, 13 players need to leave the program by the start of the 2020 season. It'll be interesting to see where it comes from.

Is that 13 more in addition to Cole, Dameon Williams, KirVonte, Parker Braun etc???

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Need a little help I thought we had 13 Sr's but I only see 12 listed and Benson is still on the list . I know Wells was given a scholarship so that is still 85 total . Not sure this list includes transfers . Still trying to see who is missing or who is on the list other than Benson who is no longer on the team.

I think this is a list that is all players on scholarship other than Benson gone and Wells being added.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Season/2019-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Whats about to give is a serious dose of roster mgt. cough cough processing cough cough thank you see you coughing below the line and bye?

Ummm. Mods you may want to move this comment to another thread. The holier than thou reaction could derail the thread :)

I think that train has left the station, but I could be wrong. The prevailing wisdom has been that with the Math and Academic Requirements with APR implications, GT had to sell the 40 year decision to SA's with a 4or5 year commitment from GT.

It will be interesting to see, if he can recruit at a high level while only giving a 1 or 2 year commitment from GT.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Whats about to give is a serious dose of roster mgt. cough cough processing cough cough thank you see you coughing below the line and bye?

Ummm. Mods you may want to move this comment to another thread. The holier than thou reaction could derail the thread :)

I have it on very good source that Collins has been told that Tech will not retreat one step from its standards. Ostensibly, that means academic. But it also could mean more than that, i.e., we're going to remain above the processing crowd.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have it on very good source that Collins has been told that Tech will not retreat one step from its standards. Ostensibly, that means academic. But it also could mean more than that, i.e., we're going to remain above the processing crowd.
Hope so. I hate when scores of players end up with unexpected injuries.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

I have it on even higher ground that if we maintain this phony, elitist, whining, holier than thou attitude, do as I say not as I do while stealing from the taxpayers that things will get worse for the entire school.

Simple minds can not comprehend that, for time immemorial, GT like every school has lost S/As for reasons having nothing to do with so called “processing.”

Just an excuse for those not caring about the entire school as they should and embracing an attitude of “I am the coach making millions regardless, why should I recruit as hard as my comp as long as I have sent a letter to a great player when it is easier for me to go after kids committed to vmi?”

LibertyTurns

Banned
I have it on even higher ground that if we maintain this phony, elitist, whining, holier than thou attitude, do as I say not as I do while stealing from the taxpayers that things will get worse for the entire school.

Simple minds can not comprehend that, for time immemorial, GT like every school has lost S/As for reasons having nothing to do with so called “processing.”

Just an excuse for those not caring about the entire school as they should and embracing an attitude of “I am the coach making millions regardless, why should I recruit as hard as my comp as long as I have sent a letter to a great player when it is easier for me to go after kids committed to vmi?”
It’s not all on the coach. If you recruit players that just want to play school you don’t have the commitment and when things get tough or they have a choice between following the rules or not instead of making the right decision they pick the wrong path.