Attrition and Scholarship Limits

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...layton-transfers-tech/ZZPCWoXDzXICxKeAGrULqO/
Clayton’s addition increases the number of players scheduled to be on scholarship in the 2019-20 academic year at 88, three above the NCAA limit.

I know people say we will have a few leave after the spring game, but the players seem to be happy so what happens if we stay over the 85 rule ?
I seriously dont see everyone sticking around after the spring game... We have like 14 running backs for crying out loud lol

But seriously, I hope everyone does stay and can contribute.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...layton-transfers-tech/ZZPCWoXDzXICxKeAGrULqO/
Clayton’s addition increases the number of players scheduled to be on scholarship in the 2019-20 academic year at 88, three above the NCAA limit.

I know people say we will have a few leave after the spring game, but the players seem to be happy so what happens if we stay over the 85 rule ?

All I can say is they wouldn't have taken him if they weren't confident in having room. Most expect the transfer portal to be crazy after spring, all across college football. Everyone is happy now, but once it becomes more clear who is and isn't going to get playing time, things will probably change.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Trust me, we will drop someone if it comes to that. This is the highest rated recruit we have ever had, gotta get him on the team.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
All I can say is they wouldn't have taken him if they weren't confident in having room. Most expect the transfer portal to be crazy after spring, all across college football. Everyone is happy now, but once it becomes more clear who is and isn't going to get playing time, things will probably change.
This is why I'm for open transfers. Let the kids who aren't good enough transfer to where they are needed.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
And it will be a damn shame if comes to that.

It would. I suspect, though, that after spring practice ends there will be some kids who will see that, as exciting as it is now on The Flats, they are not likely to get much, if any, playing time. I'm not speaking from experience or having seen anything or heard anything. It's just that not everyone can get on the field and some will probably want to go somewhere they feel they can contribute. I hope that that's the only kind of attrition we have vs. kids having academic issues that cause the attrition.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It would. I suspect, though, that after spring practice ends there will be some kids who will see that, as exciting as it is now on The Flats, they are not likely to get much, if any, playing time. I'm not speaking from experience or having seen anything or heard anything. It's just that not everyone can get on the field and some will probably want to go somewhere they feel they can contribute. I hope that that's the only kind of attrition we have vs. kids having academic issues that cause the attrition.
But what if someone knows he won't play but want to get a great education and finish at Tech. ( what then)

Animal02

Banned
It’s something we’re gonna have to consider. We’ve literally already crossed the line that CPJ tried toe the last decade. If people don’t leave we’re gonna have to make them leave. If we’re gonna demand better recruiting we have to live with the consequences.
GTAA does that and support for the program will plummet. Only the idiots that want to place football above academics will welcome that mentality.