Attrition and Scholarship Limits

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The kids sign one year ships but are promised or led to believe something different. That's the shady part. Then the coaches don't want the bad publicity of cutting kids who underperform so they "process" them instead. It's just a shady business all around.

No NFL guys in 2016 or 2017 and we still had 26 get processed or LEAVE EARLY in those 2 years.
It's not shady if it's done w integrity. I know that there were sewak issues, but to call it intentionality misleading - no way. I trust Coach and Tstan and cgc to use integrity.

Some more numbers
Remember the old saying Gt is Harvard during the week and Alabama on Saturday? Dont look back Harvard has caught us as far as NFL goes. Like Coach said if u got talent the NFL will find u.
NFL Ala = 51
NFL gt = 11
NFL HARVARD = 10.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I typed in english, too. WHY THE ONE YEAR TERM? You failed to answer that. Your answer did not address it.

I usually type in English as well but your point about Parker and Klock is well taken. Someone on another site, speculated that there were at least ten perhaps as many as twelve players on the current roster that were not of power 5 quality and most certainly in most programs would have been "processed out". It was further predicted that getting these players through the system would take a minimum of two years and would be a source of constant frustration for the new staff. Maybe so, but Tech is not in the business of running off players so if that is true...well we are stuck with them for better or worse.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I usually type in English as well but your point about Parker and Klock is well taken. Someone on another site, speculated that there were at least ten perhaps as many as twelve players on the current roster that were not of power 5 quality and most certainly in most programs would have been "processed out". It was further predicted that getting these players through the system would take a minimum of two years and would be a source of constant frustration for the new staff. Maybe so, but Tech is not in the business of running off players so if that is true...well we are stuck with them for better or worse.
Just because CPJ didn’t runoff players doesn’t mean Collins won’t.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Got it. Wanna keep up like the factories we gotta act like a factory. Piss on the Dodd legacy or any other. Win at all cost.

Seriously. If this is what modern day football is the players do deserve a paycheck and their should be zero prohibitions on SAs transferring for any reason they want without penalties such as sitting out for a year. Want to make it a business make it a business and level playing field for all.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Why did 26 players leave in 16 and 17?
Did Coach speak to any of them?

Maybe a lot of this thread is about semantics. I am fine with a coach talking to a player about his performance and his potential to get playing time. If that player decides he wants to leave, then that is fine. I am fine with a player deciding that he wants more playing time and deciding to leave. I am fine with a player deciding that he doesn't like the academic rigor and leaving. I am even fine with a coach pulling a scholarship if a player doesn't show up at practice, or doesn't make any effort. What I am not fine with is a coach telling a player that he is no longer on scholarship because his performance isn't up to par. I am not fine with a coach telling a player that he suddenly has an injury that the medical staff says disqualifies him and putting him on a medical scholarship when there is no actual long term injury.

Milwaukee

Banned
Are you saying Coach Johnson had no integrity?

Yeah AE, I mean Cheese. Paul is a liar and an idiot to boot since you can't accept the reality of what's been going on down on the flats (and our hoops program) for the past 30yrs lol. Nobody is saying that and you know that. You 3 or 4 posters are just pissed cause you're now realizing we've been operating like every other school in the nation. Which makes the rest of us laugh that you guys are that much buried in the sand. I'm in sales, I absolutely LOVE guys like you guys. #fishInaBarrel

Milwaukee

Banned
Got it. Wanna keep up like the factories we gotta act like a factory. Piss on the Dodd legacy or any other. Win at all cost.

Seriously. If this is what modern day football is the players do deserve a paycheck and their should be zero prohibitions on SAs transferring for any reason they want without penalties such as sitting out for a year. Want to make it a business make it a business and level playing field for all.

I mean this sincerely, but how in God's name are you just now realizing this bro?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...layton-transfers-tech/ZZPCWoXDzXICxKeAGrULqO/
Clayton’s addition increases the number of players scheduled to be on scholarship in the 2019-20 academic year at 88, three above the NCAA limit.

I know people say we will have a few leave after the spring game, but the players seem to be happy so what happens if we stay over the 85 rule ?

I don't know what happens, but one thing I do know is that if Wesley Wells doesn't get a scholarship, something's wrong.