Attendance

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If we want to be looked at as a big boy we need to be in a big conference.

If you need proof that The ACC isn’t what it likes to say it is look no further than the launch of its network. Some major providers are still holding out and it took the others months to commit.

We need to get out now. The SEC is the best option, short of that we fit better with the Big 12 (Texas, K St ......)

Why ? Because The ACC top to bottom is still a basketball conference, our Baseball and basketball teams would do better playing an SEC schedule and our recruiting would automatically get better in every sport.

Glad some are coming to their senses.

But if we can’t get in the SEC ( they won’t let us back. Thank you Harrison / Dodd) we could not afford, on our own, to go to others mentioned.

Therefore we need to schedule tougher H&A series like FSU did when Bowden built it, and sadly like ugag has done it recently with osu series.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Glad some are coming to their senses.

But if we can’t get in the SEC ( they won’t let us back. Thank you Harrison / Dodd) we could not afford, on our own, to go to others mentioned.

Therefore we need to schedule tougher H&A series like FSU did when Bowden built it, and sadly like ugag has done it recently with osu series.
Definitely wish GT could play like a rolling SEC schedule of H&A games. It would be awesome to have one of Tenn, USC, Ole Miss, Arkansas, MSU, even Vandy and Kentucky on the schedule every year. It would definitely impact attendance and interest regionally.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
We aren’t go to another conference because all acc teams have sign their commercial rights to the acc.

Well that means we are really in a bind. We are stuck in a conference full of The Hill mentality. If we are bound to compete with The WF, BC, Dukes of the world we will never compete, on a regular basis, with the elite in NCAA football and our revenue will never match the SEC Big 12 .......

Clemson and Fla State are all we have to drive us and Fla St is struggling. Occasionally VT and UM but they hardly compare with LSU, ga, ND and Bama

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Well that means we are really in a bind. We are stuck in a conference full of The Hill mentality. If we are bound to compete with The WF, BC, Dukes of the world we will never compete, on a regular basis, with the elite in NCAA football and our revenue will never match the SEC Big 12 .......

Clemson and Fla State are all we have to drive us and Fla St is struggling. Occasionally VT and UM but they hardly compare with LSU, ga, ND and Bama

Yes. We will never compete with the elites. Can we be Top 25? Yes.

If ND would get off their azz and join the ACC in ALL SPORTS, then the ACC would have a much better look.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Mildly related to attendance, but if anyone is watching the Oregon vs. Arizona State game, Sun Devil Stadium is what I wish BDS looked like. Listed capacity is 53k, almost identical to BDS. It’s symmetrical, and the renovated and downsized design fits the demand for their team. The primary bowl is similar to what BDS has currently, but it connects in all 4 corners, something I hate that BDS doesn’t do. 2 upper decks on the sidelines and an enclosed look. BDS just looks so scattered visually, like there was never a comprehensive plan for what anybody wanted it to look like. I love the views the upper north provides of the city, but the structure itself is incredible unappealing. If they could rebuild BDS again, I would want the south stands removed and the Wardlaw renovated to provide suites and some attractive in the endzone. Then make the upper north symmetrical with something inside the stadium.
A9D2CDD6-0F7B-4838-B270-18D66CC452D3.jpeg

E6A79DAF-3B21-4E11-845E-AA177BD0654D.jpeg

You can really see the similarities when you take the UN out of the picture. It’s also kind of always bothered me that the main west grandstand and the main East grandstand are different sizes. I understand Techwood runs behind the East grandstand, but that should’ve been fixed decades ago.

E1311E1D-2953-43AF-80C5-6161E1D48E97.jpeg

Last edited:

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I hesitate to comment. I am not sure we can fix this problem. As others have stated, attendance is down everywhere. We have a very small fanbase - many of our grads could care less about college football, and that is not changing, Engineers go where the best jobs are, and that ain't always within an easy drive to the ATL. Being in the city, with the traffic and parking and some other things that make downtown not a lot of fun, it is not like the experience, when we are losing, is worth the trouble. Look at the Braves - they moved out of downtown. I don't have a lot of answers, but I do agree that we need to think out of the box. It would help if the academics at our school thought football brought worth to our Institute. Most do not.

I realize the gold seat folks provide a LOT of $$ for GT, but their unwillingness to be in their seats, at least for the start of the game and the start of the 2nd half baffles me. I will shut up now.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Mildly related to attendance, but if anyone is watching the Oregon vs. Arizona State game, Sun Devil Stadium is what I wish BDS looked like. Listed capacity is 53k, almost identical to BDS. It’s symmetrical, and the renovated and downsized design fits the demand for their team. The primary bowl is similar to what BDS has currently, but it connects in all 4 corners, something I hate that BDS doesn’t do. 2 upper decks on the sidelines and an enclosed look. BDS just looks so scattered visually, like there was never a comprehensive plan for what anybody wanted it to look like. I love the views the upper north provides of the city, but the structure itself is incredible unappealing. If they could rebuild BDS again, I would want the south stands removed and the Wardlaw renovated to provide suites and some attractive in the endzone. Then make the upper north symmetrical with something inside the stadium.
View attachment 7306
View attachment 7307
You can really see the similarities when you take the UN out of the picture. It’s also kind of always bothered me that the main west grandstand and the main East grandstand are different sizes. I understand Techwood runs behind the East grandstand, but that should’ve been fixed decades ago.

View attachment 7308

Inexplicable that when the permanent West & East stands were built all those years ago that not one damn engineer said “Hey, wouldn’t it be better if this was symmetrical?” But hell no.

And they were built long enough ago that the street issue behind the East stands could have been “handled”. But hell no.

With those things done the upper West & East could have been symmetrical, making a North and Upper North stands symmetrical and able to be connected to the East & West.

But Hell No! Idiocy.